• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ridiculousness of Pink Floyd’s upcoming DSOTM Box set

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
this is as sad as Bohemian Rhapsody 2018... but it comes down to the fact that many copyright holders dont have that many years to go until they cant reliabily milk their audience... because their audience will all be six feet under soon!
I think that is a terrible take on it. True enough and as a business decision well money is all that matters. OTOH, no one in Pink Floyd needs my money. There is no need. So in essence with fewer years left, I need their over-priced box set less than I need my money.

RonBraun

I am a huge fan and have seen them live in 1973 when they started their DSOTM tour. I will not buy the box set, however I will buy the 2023 24/192 remaster!

SKBubba

I get that Pink Floyd was hugely successful and has a wildly faithful following. Heck, I have The Wall and Wish You Were Here on vinyl. I used to have Dark Side of the Moon and Animals on vinyl, but apparently I loaned them to somebody and never got them back.

But mainly what I remember about Dark Side of the Moon is that any demo of any turntable, amp or speaker at any hi-fi store (remember those?) featured Money. On repeat.

Over the ensuing years I quit smoking pot and concluded that I wasn't really sure why I liked them in the first place. Now, their music seems plodding, downbeat and depressing to me. Like a stoned marching band trying too hard to rock. With no disrespect to marching bands.

But I get why this release will be coveted by purists. Maybe it will help them finally conclude the sale of their catalog so they and their estates can cash out.

Top Bottom