• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW won't accept lower level for testing

Vintage57

Forum Donor
My REW 5.2 Beta 55, will not let me do sweeps at less than 95 dB. This has not always been the case. Previously I used 85 dB with no problems.

There must be a setting I'm not considering but I'm not finding it.

Would appreciate some ideas on how to set the sweep volume parameters.

Thanks in advance

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Using beta version 55 now...

I usually just use an RMS of -12dBFS to get an ~SPL below that volume in my listening area. Haven't done any specific calibration though. Maybe try another mic or cable OR restart? Sorry, can't be of more help.

JohnPM

Technical Expert
"will not let me" meaning what? REW lets you do whatever you want, but it will warn you if the input levels are particularly low. If the input levels are low look at the input volume/mic gain settings, not the sweep level.

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
"will not let me" meaning what? REW lets you do whatever you want, but it will warn you if the input levels are particularly low. If the input levels are low look at the input volume/mic gain settings, not the sweep level.

Thanks.
Poor choice of words on my part

Music1969

Major Contributor

Hi @JohnPM

The fields to choose frequency and level are grey for me, see attached.

I want to especially change input level but it's greyed out. When I'm not playing a signal.

1613637138386.png

1613637429755.png

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
My REW 5.2 Beta 55, will not let me do sweeps at less than 95 dB. This has not always been the case. Previously I used 85 dB with no problems.

There must be a setting I'm not considering but I'm not finding it.

Would appreciate some ideas on how to set the sweep volume parameters.

Thanks in advance

my bad. The problem corrected itself with a reboot of my laptop

Top Bottom