• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW with Mac conundrum

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Been experiencing some odd behaviour from my MAC/REW set up recently, a beating sound during the test tone, and then the microphone input either not being recognised or very low, even if I turn up the mics gain.
Uninstalling and reloading seems to help temporarily.
So,
Tried on my wife’s much more recent Mac, despite setting the Focusrite as input in audio midi, I receive a ‘soundcard not detected’ message, looked in ‘sound’ couldnt see anything obvious.
Usually once the input and output have been set in ‘audio midi’ everything works.
Any thoughts ?
Keith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
If you are using the latest REW beta, V5.20 beta 2, I have some issues with it too, though on PC.

Panelhead

Forum Donor
Check your Mac. Check permissions under microphone. See if your interface is allowed.
I was not getting signal back to computer with Clarett 4Pre. Thought it was me, cables, drivers, REW, and anything else.
Never knew what microphone did. Now I know it prevents signal feeding back to computer.

Top Bottom