• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW + rePhase + EqAPO vs Dirac Live

flaviowolff

Hello, all.

I'm planning to move my MiniDSP DDRC24 unit from my desktop to the living room stereo setup. Since I own the UMIK-1, I decided to use free software to keep my desktop corrected. Reading online, it seems like REW AutoEQ + rePhase + EQAPO would be a nice systemwide correction suite.

Has anybody here had any experience using it or comparing to Dirac Live (or similar)? Is it advisable to correct individual channels, like Dirac, or to correct both L/R at the same time, like most youtube tutorials do?

Thank you! :D

turbotuff

Forum Donor
Curious as well. Looking to try room correction software but from what I gather, you need proprietary hardware to use Dirac Live.

MarsianC#

TonioRoffo

Curious as well. Looking to try room correction software but from what I gather, you need proprietary hardware to use Dirac Live.

Dirac Live has a software processor as well. You can use it in any chain that supports VST (windows) or AU (mac)

Top Bottom