• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW Filter Setting in PulseEffects

monkeyboy

Hi all,

I'm new to REW and to using PulseEffects in linux.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to map the REW filter settings to the PulseEffect Equalizer.

PulseEffects has several options that I'm not sure how to set...I assume the Filter Type is "Bell"...but I'm not sure of the Modes or Slope?

Mode
  • IIR - Infinite Impulse Response filters, nonlinear minimal phase. In most cases does not add noticeable latency to output signal.
  • FIR - Finite Impulse Response filters with linear phase, finite approximation of equalizer's impulse response. Adds noticeable latency to output signal.
  • FFT - Fast Fourier Transform approximation of the frequency chart, linear phase. Adds noticeable latency to output signal.
Type
  • Off - Filter is not working (turned off).
  • Bell - Bell filter with smooth peak/recess.
  • High-pass - High-pass filter with rejection of low frequencies.
  • High-shelf - Shelving filter with adjustment of high frequency range.
  • Low-pass - Low-pass filter with rejection of high frequencies.
  • Low-shelf - Shelving filter with adjustment of low frequencies.
  • Notch - Notch filter with full rejection of selected frequency.
  • Resonance - Resonance filter wih sharp peak/recess.
Mode
  • RLC - Very smooth filters based on similar cascades of RLC contours.
  • BWC - Butterworth-Chebyshev-type-1 based filters. Does not affect Resonance and Notch filters.
  • LRX - Linkwitz-Riley based filters. Does not affect Resonance and Notch filters.
  • APO - Digital biquad filters derived from canonic analog biquad prototypes digitalized through Bilinear transform. These are textbook filtershttps://shepazu.github.io/Audio-EQ-Cookbook/audio-eq-cookbook.html which are implemented as in the Equalizer APO software.
  • (BT) - Bilinear Z-transform is used for pole/zero mapping.
  • (MT) - Matched Z-transform is used for pole/zero mapping.
  • (DR) - Direct design is used to serve the digital filter coefficients directly in the digital domain without performing transforms.
Slope
The slope of the filter characteristics.

Thank you,
Frank

Top Bottom