• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW EQ filters for CamillaDSP - best practices?

Tupisac

I sit on a mac. I use interface (Motu M2) to drive my studio sub (LSR 310S) that drives my monitors (LSR 305). System is basically seen as 2.0 in my OS.
My placement is pretty asymmetric which causes some weird cancellation and phase issues on top of the usual problems with sub delay and crossover.

I would like to try EQing each channel separately (unfortunately with sub as a part of L and R) - after looking at some CamillaDSP tutorials seems like there is such possibility. But how to approach this from a REW measurements and EQ targets? I've already downloaded the beta version of REW with YAML exports for CamillaDSP. What's next? Do I just measure L+sub and R+sub and EQ them like always, or do I need some more trickery? How would REW know to use some advanced IIR magic? How would it know that those two channels need to be somehow combined later when playing?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Were you able to find out any info on this?

OP
T

Tupisac

Nope. I've found easier way to EQ separate channels using a commercially available EQ as VST in SoundSource. But I had to wear a wooden leg, an eye patch and put a parrot on my shoulder - so forgive me for not sharing any details.

Top Bottom