• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW after Room Correction

Kling75

Forum Donor
After months of trial, i think i found good results in my listening Room. I am interested whow you Rate the Results....
Thanks
Manuel

Attachments

• REW.png
    REW.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 569
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 468
Last edited:
OP
Kling75

Kling75

Forum Donor
Your in room response should tilt slightly downward to the right. However your in room picture should not. :p

Looking pretty good to me in either case.
Thanks for the Feedback, do i understand you right - there is too much volume in 10-20`000 Hz ?

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Your in room response should tilt slightly downward to the right. However your in room picture should not. :p

Looking pretty good to me in either case.
From 80db at 20hz to 69db at 20khz, I think there already is a downward tilt. It's just the scale of his graph is too tight so that it looks too flat.

OP
Kling75

Kling75

Forum Donor
Ok thanks, the treble from the Focals Sopra are "intense" , with this Correction, i can listen to high volumes without fatigue....

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the Feedback, do i understand you right - there is too much volume in 10-20`000 Hz ?
Sorry, I was making a little joke.

You appear to have just about the right amount of tilt to the response. The scale makes it hard to see, but it is there. Around 10 or 11 db from low frequencies to high which is pretty much spot on.

When I viewed the picture of your room, the picture is tilted slightly down to the right. Which is my joke comment. FR should tilt right not the room.

Beautiful listening room you have. Are those quadratic diffusers in the corners?

a2lowvw

When I viewed the picture of your room, the picture is tilted slightly down to the right. Which is my joke comment. FR should tilt right not the room.

The best jokes shouldn't have to be explained.

OP
Kling75

Kling75

Forum Donor

You appear to have just about the right amount of tilt to the response. The scale makes it hard to see, but it is there. Around 10 or 11 db from low frequencies to high which is pretty much spot on.

Beautiful listening room you have. Are those quadratic diffusers in the corners?
Yes, GIK has Bass Traps Tuned to your needs, in my case i ordered 3 Traps for my Room Modes at 40 Hz and 3 at 70Hz. They delivered big time !

Erici

Forum Donor
Hi Chromatischism
I am sorry, i have to search how to do this...

Go to the upper left area of the graph area and click the plus sign once or twice. If the frequency response line is not centered, go to the upper right of the screen and click on scrollbars. Then you can center the graph.

OP
Kling75

Kling75

Forum Donor
Go to the upper left area of the graph area and click the plus sign once or twice. If the frequency response line is not centered, go to the upper right of the screen and click on scrollbars. Then you can center the graph.
Thanks Erici, il try this tomorrow. You are in Washington DC , i live i Switzerland we got 22.50 right now..:)

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The spectrogram would also be interesting to look at. You could just post the whole .rew file and we could take a closer look at the entire information set. Also would be good to see how you have the microphone positioned when you take the measurement.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually, in the upper right corner of the graph is the icon where you input the desired X and Y range.

Top Bottom