• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revisited: Neumi BS5P Powered Bookshelf Speaker

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I did a standard FR and impedance on the passive one to see what showed up in terms of resonances. I can't fully compare the full scan (higher resolution than gated passive) but they overlaid essentially the same (same trends).

Yes, I remember speakers are used in pairs. No need for snark.

Don't assume there was 'snark'. There was none intended nor implied.

Configurations such as these, where the internal volumes of one speaker is quite different to the other in a pair should be tested for differences and commented on as a matter of course. We know they will not perform the same, but many people reading reviews will not.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just saw an update on Instagram to do port plugs on the new ones going out on Amazon.

shaowned

Does anyone have the EQ files and the flashing software they would be willing to share? Appears Neumi's website is down.

lumin8

I just got an update from Neumi:

If I have time, I'm going to incorporate the latest update and do a re-spin because I want to see just what the performance is now. Could be a total game changer. And I don't use that term lightly.
Hello I am very new to speakers and I'm sorry if this will sound silly but if you don't mind answering: what do I have to buy in order to connect these speakers to a powered sub such as the Daytona SUB1200? I already have the source which is 3.5mm AUX, what would I need to do in order to connect the speakers to the sub and then all of that to my source? Thank you for your time.

joentell

Reviewer
Hello I am very new to speakers and I'm sorry if this will sound silly but if you don't mind answering: what do I have to buy in order to connect these speakers to a powered sub such as the Daytona SUB1200? I already have the source which is 3.5mm AUX, what would I need to do in order to connect the speakers to the sub and then all of that to my source? Thank you for your time.
Ask away! If I remember correctly, it doesn't have a sub out. So, you can split the signal using an RCA y-adapter, but that isn't ideal. It's all good though. I started with some setups like this and enjoyed the process.

svinyard

Anyone have an idea on how these would compare to Fluance Ai41's? Similar size etc but Fluance is 100$ more...but dang Erin likes these a lot at a lot of price points.

Letrab

They are considering it. This is the email I received from them a couple hours ago after they saw the updated review.

View attachment 130697
1 Month after this email they already did address the issue apparently!

173577541_4015172735267121_4328378233722344645_n.jpg

Now only need to find a way to buy it in Europe...

munin

It's so sad this speaker are not available evor here in France and they seems to be hardly available in Europe too :/

xavx

It's so sad this speaker are not available evor here in France and they seems to be hardly available in Europe too :/
Better to find alternatives. They won't be available in Europe any time soon (source: I asked them on amazon.com)
Question:
Will you make the bs5p available on amazon europe ? many people from eu are interested in them but paying 60$ for shipping is dissuasive
Answer:
Thanks for contacting us.
Unfortunately, we don't currently sell this speaker in Europe. Maybe we will expand sales to Europe in the future. Sorry that we don't have better news for you.

munin

Better to find alternatives. They won't be available in Europe any time soon (source: I asked them on amazon.com)
Question:
Will you make the bs5p available on amazon europe ? many people from eu are interested in them but paying 60$ for shipping is dissuasive
Answer:
Thanks for contacting us.
Unfortunately, we don't currently sell this speaker in Europe. Maybe we will expand sales to Europe in the future. Sorry that we don't have better news for you.
I was about to do this.
Thanks for the answer, even if it's a sad one.

But, maybe if we are enought asking they will think more about it?

Thinking about it, it might not be that simple to open to a new market, specially for the support.

munin

In case of anything changed I contact them about about selling them over Europe and here is the (sad) answer.

Hi Munin Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, we don't currently sell this speaker in Europe yet. Compliance with local regulations and product certification is required for selling products in Europe, which requires some time to prepare.Maybe we will expand sales to your country in the future. Sorry that we don't have better news for you. Kind regards Kevin...

Top Bottom