• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reviews, Priorities, Plans ?

222fbj

Forum Donor
Does ASR have a system/method for selecting what to review, and when the review will occur?
I expect Amir has already shared some ideas in the forums, but I have not stumbled on the post(s).
My sense (as a noob here) is that members send equipment for review, and reviews are done sequentially - I believe there is a ~5 week backlog as of March 2021.
It seems likely the demand (for ASR Reviews) is growing rapidly and will be greater than the supply (of Amir's time).

Does anyone have similar questions or thoughts on the following:
  • Is the 'backlog list' available, so members have an idea of what is coming up?
  • Does ASR try to ration reviews in some way? (eg. 40% on Speakers, 20% Headphones, 20% Amps, 20% other)
  • Could members vote on what to prioritize? This could be specific equipment, or categories such as "budget amplifiers"
  • Is there an "ASR Ideas/Plans" Post or subforum to read about Amirs thoughts/plans on any of these issues, or how ASR may evolve?
Thanks

Tks

Major Contributor
  • Nope.
  • If yes, it's not available to the public to see.
  • Not currently
    • Sure, but I doubt that's what Amir wants (also would be tough to manage, members could do this amongst themselves in practice)
    • I see
  • Nope.

Top Bottom