• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reviews of Topping and SMSL Speaker Amps?

ClosDeLaRoche

I see plenty of DAC and head amp reviews, but I'd like to kindly request reviews of the Topping PA-3 and SMSL DA-8 (and upcoming replacement, the DA-8s) speakers amps.

Until Amir can measure these amps, could any members share their experiences with them?

Last edited:
the DA-8 uses a ICEpower module which is a less powerful model of the one reviewed here recently. just search the forum, shouldn't be hard to find.

for the PA-3 i had one for about a year before sending it back to the retailer. seems to be a nice budget amplifier but has an high floor noise which can be annoying depending on the setup.

i suggest looking into the Allo Volt+Double. the cost is about the same, just a little higher but it is by far the best Class D budget amplifier ever heard and Allo is known to do things right on the engineering side

Toku

Major Contributor
I bought Topping TP60 and PA3 when I was using SMSL SA-98E before, but the sound was not so good.
Currently I use SMSL SA300. Great sound quality. No other products are required.
Recent Topping doesn't seem to have much interest in power amplifiers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom