• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reviews of metrum dacs

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Because it sounds really good maybe?

It likely sounds great, but not likely to sound any better than any other half decent DAC.

You are a dealer from the looks of it?

D

Deleted member 29551

It likely sounds great, but not likely to sound any better than any other half decent DAC.

You are a dealer from the looks of it?
No, we are an independent review platform. I've heard loads and loads of d/a-converters. The Pasithea is definately among the best.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
No, we are an independent review platform. I've heard loads and loads of d/a-converters. The Pasithea is definately among the best.

I think we need to get a tag for you. Look for a PM.

It looks like it would be fine, but if you are going to start comparing DACs and their sound, uncontrolled listening impressions aren't going to have much meaning other than for gross issues.

I see on your site that you will be doing testing of cables? I encourage you to get input from some of those around here with expertise in sensory testing if you want it to stand up to even casual scrutiny.

I hope you are able to do that with enough rigor to be able to be used as a reference. Most use the right words, like double blind, but then set up a test that is worthless.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I heard the Morpheus DAC but not the Pasithea. Didn’t sound any different than the Schiit Modi 3E after even sighted match A/B

My experience is that even broken designed DACs like Sonnet and Metrum don’t sound different than SOTA DACs, just that the sampling rate of 44.1 KHz is far more than enough in my audibility threshold

D

Deleted member 29551

I think we need to get a tag for you. Look for a PM.

It looks like it would be fine, but if you are going to start comparing DACs and their sound, uncontrolled listening impressions aren't going to have much meaning other than for gross issues.

I see on your site that you will be doing testing of cables? I encourage you to get input from some of those around here with expertise in sensory testing if you want it to stand up to even casual scrutiny.

I hope you are able to do that with enough rigor to be able to be used as a reference. Most use the right words, like double blind, but then set up a test that is worthless.

I noticed the PM. It says that I am a commercial entity (because I founded Alpha Audio...). Not sure what that means. Alpha Audio is a website for reviews, news, etc. We review audio related gear. We don't sell anything. So, I don't care what people buy, like or think. Just like ASR we test gear by listening and measuring. But maybe I understood it incorrectly.

We already did the cable test. And a follow up. There is a thread on ASR about it.

Vhond

There's a factsheet on their website now (about their DAC3 modules)

Attachments

• DAC3 factsheet.pdf
    123.6 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom