• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review wuzhi zk-1002 (mostly subjektiv)

ClassicGuy

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor

ClassicGuy

If you like, get one. And report your experience. That would be great. Things have not to be exorbitant expensive to work proper. We just need enough information, from all around. Then we get the better picture.
I just bough it. Will report back in a year, when I receive my goods from AliExpress.

Skezza

If you like, get one. And report your experience. That would be great. Things have not to be exorbitant expensive to work proper. We just need enough information, from all around. Then we get the better picture.
This is why I'm considering the USB model above. I just want to see how it works when my setup is finished

Skezza

Beware the 1002M is not TPA3116. The confusing model number strikes again.
Good spot. Domestic chip? Guess that's just an in house chip then. I might purchase the 50w model.

I'll know if I need it within the next few days. I do prefer the idea of a USB DAC if it can be reliable and fits my needs.

Skezza

49094d69-94d1-459f-84f8-914563d25da0.jpg

Almost finished my new mini office studio setup. Not quite perfect yet, but getting there.

Notice my little fuzzy Wuzhi under the left hand monitor :p:D Sounds great since the mod. Struggling to justify the USB one yet, but I've not lumped in my guitar equipment yet. This is like pass 1 currently.

ClassicGuy

Almost finished my new mini office studio setup. Not quite perfect yet, but getting there.

Notice my little fuzzy Wuzhi under the left hand monitor :p:D Sounds great since the mod. Struggling to justify the USB one yet, but I've not lumped in my guitar equipment yet. This is like pass 1 currently.

Nice! Glad the mod works for you.

I actually bought the Wuzhi ZK-502H. Couldn't get the USB to work. So if you actually buy it, make sure it's returnable.

Skezza

I actually bought the Wuzhi ZK-502H. Couldn't get the USB to work. So if you actually buy it, make sure it's returnable.
Oh no...? Why? Surely it's just a USB Soundcard? Have you tried on Linux (even just a bootable one)? It's a lot more forgiving and has much better USB support.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor

Could you check the line out? Is it linear? At least from ear?

Skezza

Could you check the line out? Is it linear? At least from ear?
It must be quite hard to tell a linear curve from ear? I suppose it's all about perception. Had I not found this thread I might not have noticed how dull and lifeless the line in on the 1002 is. Especially as hooked up to a good set of speakers, most amps will sound half decent.

Your original post made me actually compare the Bluetooth mode and once compared, you realise just how horrible the sound is. However, it's a worthwhile experiment sure... I'm also wondering about it's USB Dac part I'm curious as to why this doesn't work?

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
It must be quite hard to tell a linear curve from ear? I suppose it's all about perception. Had I not found this thread I might not have noticed how dull and lifeless the line in on the 1002 is. Especially as hooked up to a good set of speakers, most amps will sound half decent.

Your original post made me actually compare the Bluetooth mode and once compared, you realise just how horrible the sound is. However, it's a worthwhile experiment sure... I'm also wondering about it's USB Dac part I'm curious as to why this doesn't work?

Need some listening experience or thats much more easy, something thats linear to compare to. This with usb could be a broken part. Hard to tell, i mean at least it should work, how good is something else. What OS u use?

Edit says: There was a 'review' on amazon and this person told it sounds as there is a lpf in. So it would only be useable as subwoofer out. And this should be easy listenabel. What would make it not useable for me. I not talk about -2db at 18khz. ;)

Last edited:

Skezza

Need some listening experience or thats much more easy, something thats linear to compare to. This with usb could be a broken part. Hard to tell, i mean at least it should work, how good is something else. What OS u use?
Understood. A linear comparison by ear would probably work.

It could be broken but it could be a driver thing. Linux has really good audio support which is why I'd suggest giving it a go for early tests. Also ASIO4ALL for Windows.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Understood. A linear comparison by ear would probably work.

It could be broken but it could be a driver thing. Linux has really good audio support which is why I'd suggest giving it a go for early tests. Also ASIO4ALL for Windows.

Yes could be a driver thing. I mean they shurly checked it with new win10. This amp is not that old. Thats why i asked for os.

ClassicGuy

Somehow I couldn't get the sound to play on this card using USB connection, and now the Bluetooth is not working either. Could be a damaged board. I will give it another try to see if I can get it to work again.

Edit: I do have a Linux machine, so I can give that a try as well. I am waiting for a proper USB A to A cable (amazing I have none) to give it another try.

Last edited:

Skezza

Somehow I couldn't get the sound to play on this card using USB connection, and now the Bluetooth is not working either. Could be a damaged board. I will give it another try to see if I can get it to work again.

Edit: I do have a Linux machine, so I can give that a try as well. I am waiting for a proper USB A to A cable (amazing I have none) to give it another try.
Certainly doesn't sound good. I've not ruled out the idea of buying one of these. My plan is to finish my work/office/studio setup this week.

Odd that Bluetooth has died as well... Possibly a bad IC.

ClassicGuy

Certainly doesn't sound good. I've not ruled out the idea of buying one of these. My plan is to finish my work/office/studio setup this week.

Odd that Bluetooth has died as well... Possibly a bad IC.
Bluetooth was working initially. I then tried USB and couldn't get it to work. At that point I noticed something off with the board, and switched back to Bluetooth (with all other connections unplugged) to verify. That's when the Bluetooth stopped working as well. After that, I was focusing on getting Bluetooth to work again, so ran out of energy to give the USB another try.

Skezza

Bluetooth was working initially. I then tried USB and couldn't get it to work. At that point I noticed something off with the board, and switched back to Bluetooth (with all other connections unplugged) to verify. That's when the Bluetooth stopped working as well. After that, I was focusing on getting Bluetooth to work again, so ran out of energy to give the USB another try.
Hmmm..... Sounds like something maybe shorted?

ClassicGuy

Hi, I received the USB A to A cable, and tested again. The zk-502h amplifier is not working at all, so I am returning it. Sorry it yielded no result.

Top Bottom