• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Why not but in this case why should it output only 0.5V in windows 10 ?
I bet an arm and a leg that the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm delivers 1 Vrms when connected to any iPad.

Basically because it was Steve Jobs who set the 1 Vrms standard as he was a headphone nerd since the early 70s. Apple has only steered clear from the 1 volt rule when regional regulations have forced them to.

edechamps

Considering that adapters sold in the US and the EU seem to have different model numbers (2049 vs 2155, respectively), which suggests that they are different hardware, I find it more likely that's where the 1V vs 0.5V difference is coming from.

Considering that adapters sold in the US and the EU seem to have different model numbers (2049 vs 2155, respectively), which suggests that they are different hardware, I find it more likely that's where the 1V vs 0.5V difference is coming from.
No.

Lightning to 3.5mm dongle has also different model numbers (US and EU) and they both deliver 1 Vrms when hooked to an iPad or a non EU iPhone. And 0'5 when hooked to an EU iPhone.

I have both dongles and have tested them.

Dunno see why USB-C dongle should be different.

Host rules the Vrms output. Not the dongle.

daftcombo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
If you use a USB C female to USB A adapter, you can use it on any USB enabled computer. The adapters are around $1 on eBay.
Thanks. I know that this kinf of adapter exists for USB C Female to USB A 3.1 Male, but I'm not sure about USB A 2.0 Male.
Can you confirm it exists and would work?

USB is downward compatible so it probably will work. The problem is windows 7 does not have the UAC 2.0 driver built-in, so you may need to find an alternative.

Top Bottom