• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of xDuoo TA-10 Tube DAC & HP Amp

JeffJ

And it's not whatever is at the input of the TA-10R? I have a Windows tablet that generates bad noise on both USB out and headphone out if the power from the docking station is plugged in, on all headphones, amps and DACs I've tried with it.

Noise shows up with nothing connect at the input. And it only occurs with iems. Tried a few headphones, no issue, dead silent.

hcl-1

That kinda eliminates the tube, which can produce a hissing, humming sound when bad, but it would do so always. When you have VERY sensitive IEMS also the volume knob could be a problem because they sometimes don't work properly at very low volumes. My Xduoo TA-01B has that too. A solution could be an additional impedance plug, so that you could turn it up higher, without damaging the IEM.

Maxrunner

Does the spdif outputs any of the digital inputs? Can i connect this to minidisc recorder with the digital cable?

MacCali

Major Contributor
Does the spdif outputs any of the digital inputs? Can i connect this to minidisc recorder with the digital cable?
Does it have digital out? Sorry I am uncertain what your question is.

As stated previously by me, the units analog output does not sound as tube’s like it does when you use headphones out. *In reference to the 10R model.

So not certain what you are seeking to accomplish, but it’s not a ddc or adc

Maxrunner

Does it have digital out? Sorry I am uncertain what your question is.

As stated previously by me, the units analog output does not sound as tube’s like it does when you use headphones out. *In reference to the 10R model.

So not certain what you are seeking to accomplish, but it’s not a ddc or adc
The idea was to connect the device to a portable minidisc for recording. The minidiscs usually support digital cable toslink i think. Since this dac/amp has an spdif coaxial i can record anything that comes from the usb or other input right?

MacCali

Major Contributor
The idea was to connect the device to a portable minidisc for recording. The minidiscs usually support digital cable toslink i think. Since this dac/amp has an spdif coaxial i can record anything that comes from the usb or other input right?
No clue, honestly not sure how that works. I would assume it would need to provide digital output to do that.

Unless your method of recording would involve the minidisc recorder to go between your source and then to the TA10. But that would mean your mini disc recorder would need to have a digital in and digital out.

Never heard of such a thing so I am a bit lost

Also not sure why you are going with a dac wouldnt a pi based streamer with digital output be cheaper or better yet a PC you already own with optical out.

Seems like most recording techniques are typically done in the analog domain.

Minna

I just got the TA-10R connect with USB with Mac OS Sonoma.
There is no 16-bit option in Audio MIDI setup. Is it normal since the spec said PCM 16-32 bit depth ?
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 16.23.25.pngScreenshot 2023-10-26 at 16.28.15.png
Any recommendation?
Thank you

Top Bottom