• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Haze

The DAC volume needs to be set at 96% and the clipping is completely gone. It's PERFECT now!

Worth saying DSD won't work below 100% windows audio and if you have the xmos driver installed it will just keep resetting it to 100%

Nybto

Forum Donor
So it does work then?

Definitely doesn’t for me, but it could be just DSD over DoP that is problematic (using the spdif input) - or I have got a setting wrong somewhere on LMS/PiCorePlayer..

Windofrce

This is very good but a bit shy of their numbers. This measurement though is very sensitive to such things as ground loop so in other situations it may be possible to get close to the 120 dB number they post.

Can anyone explain this, especially bold part

Nybto

Forum Donor
Do you mean with the TB, or generally? Would be great to have a positive statement that the TB does accept DSD (but perhaps not over DoP). (I might be tempted to switch to a Pi4 as USB streamer in that case).

owsla

I'm playing DSD files with my Tone Board using a Pi 2B running the current release of the Moode audio player. Using the USB port, and not over DoP.

wiz2596

Is there any clue of when khadas 2 will come out? I'm not sure whether buying the current one or wait for the second version?

Veri

Master Contributor
Is there any clue of when khadas 2 will come out? I'm not sure whether buying the current one or wait for the second version?
If you're in need for a DAC just get the first one, considering most of everything is delayed due to the corona virus :/

Guetta

This is very good but a bit shy of their numbers. This measurement though is very sensitive to such things as ground loop so in other situations it may be possible to get close to the 120 dB number they post.

Can anyone explain this, especially bold part
I am also interested in bold part

Windofrce

Can someone who is using Windows 10 default driver for KTB show me how it looks like in Device Manager? Thank you very much

porotikos

hi guys. i just noticed (actually i had noticed it for some time but now i had time to figure out what goes on), that strange iterference comes to the speakers when i play music from my pc. actually when the knob s set to pc connection.
this isnt as loud as a ground loop. actually there shouldnt be a ground loop. i am very careful and there is only one earth. i have cut the earth from pc cable. khadas is outside of pc enclosure obviously. even if nothing is played, if i turn sound all the way up, i can here some interference. when you play music most probably you wont notice. but it is there. i am thinking that it could be that something is transfering through the usb cable? any idea? i hope ben could enlighten me on some ideas what i could try... i will get the sonkoz soon, for sure, but until then why not eliminate that....
(how do you tag a member? i dont know).
thank you guys

Lavawood

Forum Donor

Attachments

• 31851A8C-E405-439E-A433-C5626732FB57.jpeg
    31851A8C-E405-439E-A433-C5626732FB57.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 197
  • 66E66A2F-D203-4A21-B2C2-8408C73873CC.jpeg
    66E66A2F-D203-4A21-B2C2-8408C73873CC.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 201

Lavawood

Forum Donor
hi guys. i just noticed (actually i had noticed it for some time but now i had time to figure out what goes on), that strange iterference comes to the speakers when i play music from my pc. actually when the knob s set to pc connection.
this isnt as loud as a ground loop. actually there shouldnt be a ground loop. i am very careful and there is only one earth. i have cut the earth from pc cable. khadas is outside of pc enclosure obviously. even if nothing is played, if i turn sound all the way up, i can here some interference. when you play music most probably you wont notice. but it is there. i am thinking that it could be that something is transfering through the usb cable? any idea? i hope ben could enlighten me on some ideas what i could try... i will get the sonkoz soon, for sure, but until then why not eliminate that....
(how do you tag a member? i dont know).
thank you guys
What does it sound like? A hum? Chatter? I had both and purchased a $400 PCI/USB card and it disappeared. There are much more affordable options that I’ve learned about since then.

Top Bottom