• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

democles

I also had issues with it disconnecting/connecting repeatedly. I fixed the issue replacing the usb-c cable with just a basic amazon one. The cool patterned one that came with it was the issue for me it seems!

I had te same,but not with the cable it came with.
The KTB was not recognised on my player software.
I reinstalled the software and found out the cable was the problem.

I had another little thing.
When I feed the KTB with external power supply and start up my player computer Odroid C1+ at the same time together with the KTB
there is only distorted music on very low volume.
Wen i re-plug the power + (positive) on the KTB, sound is back and normal.
I think i have to make a relays on the power + to the KTB so it will start up after the player is started.

Last edited:

Megatronic

Hello. On my motherboard i have usb type-c 3.1 connector, can i connect ktb with usb-c 2.0 cable on both sides, like on link? Will it work? Is the connection via cable version 2.0 to the connector version 3.1 compatible?
cable

Jglr

I have a Khadas Tone Board on order that I plan to situate between a Raspberry Pi and an integrated amp.

Near the beginning of this thread, a couple of posters expressed concern that sudden power loss to the board might cause a loud pop that could damage speakers. I haven't read through all 61 pages of this thread, but I'd like to know if this ever proved to be an issue or if it was resolved by a firmware update.

If it is still a concern, would it be smart to connect the Raspberry Pi to a UPS in case of a power outage?

milw50717

I think people have reported some slight noise on power off and that echoes my experience also. More of a sizzle than a pop, as I think someone described it.

My chain is Raspberry Pi -> KTB (receiving power and data via USB from the Pi) -> Atom headphone amp. When I am listening to music and pull out the power lead from the Pi, which will also power down the KTB, I hear a slight noise, but nothing that seems likely to cause damage to anything downstream. My KTB is running the latest firmware.

x_ivica

This my first post. Did some one order Khadas tone board from eccgeek.com. Did you received product. I have sent couple of mail to [email protected] but there is no any answer. How is your experiance with eccgeek.

cfritze64

This my first post. Did some one order Khadas tone board from eccgeek.com. Did you received product. I have sent couple of mail to [email protected] but there is no any answer. How is your experiance with eccgeek.
Same with me. Payment was through Paypal. I started a grievance through Paypal and just got notice that I'd be getting a refund.

chauct

That joint is a scam! I got a fake shipping tracking and ended waiting for weeks. Nothing came at the end. Hope you'll get your money back.

Reactions: trl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I make payment throw credit card so I don't know how to make refund money.

Log in to your card account and open a Transaction Dispute or talk to the Customer Service...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Tell your Credit Card company (bank) you made a mistake and think it is a scam site.

They'll know what to do.

For mine, I select a transaction, and a choice is "dispute transaction".

Happens all the time.

1557126892689.png

Next:

1557126941913.png

and so on...

Last edited:

blueaudio

Same with me. Payment was through Paypal. I started a grievance through Paypal and just got notice that I'd be getting a refund.

Same experience here: I ordered the product, apparently it was shipped but it never arrived, no response to emails. I ended opening a dispute in PayPal and they returned the money (the seller did not even bother to answer). So, a complete waste of time for nothing.

jaco61

My experience with them is not positive. I ordered the board more than one month and a half ago. According to the shipping tracking information, the board just vanished when it hit the US. I understad that they are not responsible for this but they do not reply to my messages. I have opened a dispute in paypal. Let's see how it goes.
Mine also did not come. No answers via Mail .. got my money back from PayPal.

Top Bottom