• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

ngs428

As a Windows 10 user, what files will I need to install on the PC?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As a Windows 10 user, what files will I need to install on the PC?
Don't install anything. It is UAC2 compliant so runs plug and play.

GeekyBastard

If you read their forum I think there is a language barrier sometimes. Plus i believe you need to install the eval to access the firmware upgrade tool. Not sure why though but that's how it worked for me. After updating the firmware I just rolled back the drivers. As a bonus you get the spy tool :)
What spy tool?

alashikata

This is kinda BS if they don't upgrade the driver.

TUSBAudio ASIO Driver (2-XMOS SA1-US DS (EVAL))
-This driver can play PCM, DSD, DSD + PCM
-Disconnect/Reconnect whenever change the drivers and BitRate, beep sound randoomly

XMOS SX1-US DJ
-This only support PCM
-No problem at all

nightfishing

This is kinda BS if they don't upgrade the driver.

-This driver can play PCM, DSD, DSD + PCM
-Disconnect/Reconnect whenever change the drivers and BitRate, beep sound randoomly

XMOS SX1-US DJ
-This only support PCM
-No problem at all
There is no issue with the official driver. Every thing works 100%.

GeekyBastard

I tested with Foobar2000 with those drivers above. The official only works with PCM. What software that you test with SACD ISO that works with DSD?
I use Foobar2000 & JRiver, both play DSD normally, check your setup, especially remember to set both the Master/Analogue 1 output level to max, otherwise it won't work under foobar2000.

alashikata

Thanks Nighfishing

The DSD played perfectly on my setup.

Can you check what you see in the Foobar2000?

This Eval works with PCM, DSD, and DSD + PCM
DSD_02.png

The official only work with PCM. Somehow the official doesn't show ASIO

DSD_06.png

GeekyBastard

Thanks Nighfishing

Can you check what you see in the Foobar2000?

This Eval works with PCM, DSD, and DSD + PCM
View attachment 21183

The official only work with PCM. Somehow the official doesn't show ASIO

View attachment 21184
Mine says DSD: ASIO: TUSBAudio ASIO Driver

I'm using the 2.24 version driver right now, just remember to set all volume to max, including Foobar 2000/ Master Channel/ Analogue 1 Channel, don't forget to turn down your preamp before this.

Edit: Gotta get some sleep now, it's 01:29 A.M. in China...

Last edited:

alashikata

Mine says DSD: ASIO: TUSBAudio ASIO Driver

I'm using the 2.24 version driver right now, just remember to set all volume to max, including Foobar 2000/ Master Channel/ Analogue 1 Channel, don't forget to turn down your preamp before this.

Edit: Gotta get some sleep now, it's 01:29 A.M. in China...

Thank you

I thought that's the Eval driver which it ran into problem but it did work all the modes. So I uninstalled then put in the official one.

GeekyBastard

Thank you

I thought that's the Eval driver which it ran into problem but it did work all the modes. So I uninstalled then put in the official one.
You're welcome. Did it fixed your problem though?

alashikata

You're welcome. Did it fixed your problem though?

No, it works but the problem below. I will play around to see what happen.
-Disconnect/Reconnect whenever change the device drivers and BitRate in foobar, beep sound randoomly

Last edited:

BYRTT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@alashikata,

Suggest do a uninstall in controlpanel for each and every listed brand there that has to do with a XMOS driver package.

If you on Win10 platform then there is only two right drivers to use, either the native one pointed below -
Don't install anything. It is UAC2 compliant so runs plug and play.

- or use the current official one guided by Wesion/Khadas called v2.24 which will translate in device manager to a device named (XMOS XS1-U8 MFA).

The native Win10 driver will miss ASIO feature then simply setup Foobar using its WASAPI plugin, where using v2.24 driver package one get both WASAPI and ASIO if that is absolutly needed.

Guess the other driver packages over there is for advanced users trail or to get TB firmware updated to version "dfu-2018-1226" aka "v6.F2", and to check you have that current official updated firmware either look in XMOS control panel where its listed as "v6.F2" or if you on native Win10 driver look in device manager at details tab as seen below example from my Win7 platform.

FW.PNG

Really don't know facts and history behind it and can be wrong but feel when Wesion/Khadas tell v2.24 is certified driver package for this hardware platform even its dating is rather old, then any faced problems should be tried solve first into players advanced settings where for my case using v2.24 driver package on Win7 platform and JRiver as player it works as a charm WASAPI or ASIO out of box up to the 192kHz rate in my track collection.

GeekyBastard

No, it works but the problem below. I will play around to see what happen.
-Disconnect/Reconnect whenever change the device drivers and BitRate in foobar, beep sound randoomly
The beep sound means you are using an evaluation version driver (EVAL), not intended for consumer using, you can use 2.24 or not using driver at all under Windows 10.

Transpareo

@Transpareo in systray bar should be a red T, that would be Thesycon applet you might want to use for this. Also, I guess Windows > Control Panel > Sounds could do the same...just give it a try.
These were the first places I checked. You can't select frequencies higher than 192 in sounds panel and the applet (tusb control panel) doesn't let you choose anything, just states what your current frequency is.

Top Bottom