• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

TimW

Major Contributor
It looks like the B2-080BK enclosure (Black version but available in other colors) which was specified by NwAvGuy for the O2 amp should be the perfect size. I measured the AutoCAD version of this file to get the actual internal height dimension and at 26mm it looks like you would only want to put the generic version of the Khadas Tone Board in here. The VIMs version comes with the headers soldered onto the board making it 24mm tall which would be a tight fit.

Does anyone know if a dimensioned drawing of the Tone Board is available somewhere? I would like to know the location and size of the connectors on this board.

Attachments

• B2-080-MASTER-DRAWING_PDF.pdf
    338.1 KB · Views: 337

TimW

Major Contributor
I just figured out how to save the .DXF file and opened it up in AutoCAD. Here is a PDF I made of it. The dimensions are hard to read and do not go to the center of the connectors. I can re-dimension this drawing to give you those dimensions if you'd like.

Attachments

• Tone_V13_DXF Model.pdf
    28.6 KB · Views: 303

TimW

Major Contributor
I made a modified version of the .DXF drawing Khadas provides with easier to read and hopefully more useful dimensions. This drawing gives you the spacing and location of mounting holes and connectors but unfortunately these features do not seem to be drawn accurately so I cannot provide mounting hole sizes for them. The mounting holes are listed as M2 size according to the spec sheet.

Attachments

• Khadas_Tone_Board_Dims(1).pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Tone_Board_Specs.pdf
    376.2 KB · Views: 310

TimW

Major Contributor
Thanks Amir, would you mind measuring the diameter of the threads of the RCA connectors for me? And is there a gap between where the threaded portion of the RCA connector begins and the edge of the PCB?

Also is there a specific retailer you recommend purchasing this board from? Amazon gives a 3-6 week delivery time estimate :(

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
And is there a gap between where the threaded portion of the RCA connector begins and the edge of the PCB?
The edge of the connector sticks out maybe 1 mm. The thread starts immediately after that.

There is a washer and nice wide nut that screws on the threads. So you don't need to buy that.

Nango

Major Contributor
Also is there a specific retailer you recommend purchasing this board from? Amazon gives a 3-6 week delivery time estimate :(

The one I purchased on their Webshop got shipped the day after, including tracking no. so good after sales service here.

TimW

Major Contributor
The edge of the connector sticks out maybe 1 mm. The thread starts immediately after that.

There is a washer and nice wide nut that screws on the threads. So you don't need to buy that.
Sweet. Sounds like the USB C connector should be inset just a little into the 2mm thick end plate of the O2 case when the board is mounted using those nuts.

TimW

Major Contributor
@amirm Hey if you find the time I would like to know the distance from the top surface of the circuit board to the center of the RCA connectors. And also the height of the USB C connector from this same surface.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm Hey if you find the time I would like to know the distance from the top surface of the circuit board to the center of the RCA connectors.
I am estimating that at 7 mm.
And also the height of the USB C connector from this same surface.
The top of the USB connector is 3.2 mm above the PCB.

derp1n

@willow what opamps did you use?

willow

Thanks Amir, would you mind measuring the diameter of the threads of the RCA connectors for me? And is there a gap between where the threaded portion of the RCA connector begins and the edge of the PCB?

About the RCA connector, here has a PDF file for the spec for your refer.

Attachments

• RCA-1.png
    RCA-1.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,257
  • RCA-2.png
    RCA-2.png
    40 KB · Views: 2,236
  • RCA-3.png
    RCA-3.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 148
  • RCA-4.png
    RCA-4.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 159
  • RCA-5.png
    RCA-5.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 153

willow

Actually it will be delivered in 25-35 days by China post office, American or European can be received in 15-20 days.
if faster shipment shall be paid more fee by DHL can be 5-8 days devlivery time.

Top Bottom