• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Tell your Credit Card company (bank) you made a mistake and think it is a scam site.

They'll know what to do.

For mine, I select a transaction, and a choice is "dispute transaction".

Happens all the time.

1557126892689.png

Next:

1557126941913.png

and so on...

Last edited:

blueaudio

Same with me. Payment was through Paypal. I started a grievance through Paypal and just got notice that I'd be getting a refund.
Same experience here: I ordered the product, apparently it was shipped but it never arrived, no response to emails. I ended opening a dispute in PayPal and they returned the money (the seller did not even bother to answer). So, a complete waste of time for nothing.

My experience with them is not positive. I ordered the board more than one month and a half ago. According to the shipping tracking information, the board just vanished when it hit the US. I understad that they are not responsible for this but they do not reply to my messages. I have opened a dispute in paypal. Let's see how it goes.
Mine also did not come. No answers via Mail .. got my money back from PayPal.

nymeria96

Hello, fellow Khadas users. I have read about a pop when the unit it powered on and powered off. Could anyone please shed some light in this regard? Does this happen? I am about to order the board but I just wanted to confirm about the popping issue.

Can anyone here tell me if other USB to USB-C cables work for the Tone Board? The grey one that came with my Tone Board is defective, the USB 2.0 side keeps disconnecting with the slightest movement. Would a USB 3.1 to USB-C work ok, or does it need to be USB 2.0?

BYRTT

Patreon Donor
Hello, fellow Khadas users. I have read about a pop when the unit it powered on and powered off. Could anyone please shed some light in this regard? Does this happen? I am about to order the board but I just wanted to confirm about the popping issue.
Many have reported here in thread its a very low level noice that shouldn't harm any downstream gear, myself have no proplem let it loose power when wearing my head phones with a dedicated head phone amp at a more or less full throttle so as to control a stereo SPL in 86dB area and same is case if i let it feed DSP steered speaker system where power amps is also dialed into about a 86dB SPL area.

Can anyone here tell me if other USB to USB-C cables work for the Tone Board? The grey one that came with my Tone Board is defective, the USB 2.0 side keeps disconnecting with the slightest movement. Would a USB 3.1 to USB-C work ok, or does it need to be USB 2.0?
Can't see why it shouldn't work alright, inside cable there will be a couple of twisted pairs (SuperSpeed) that sit floating or non terminated at one end whether that is god or bad i really don't know.

Link USB at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

Just grab the amazon basics cable and you'll be set. I had the same issue and that's how I solved it.

They should work, yes. Right now I am using it with the cable that came with my phone. In fact, you may be forced to replace the original one, as it causes problems; check out this thread on their forums: Audio cuts out randomly. I've had the exact same issue and fixed it by changing the cable.

Sidenote: I haven't measured it, but there seems to be a problem of some sort with the original cable. Since I changed it with another one, I started using it to charge my phone. I noticed that sometimes, when I touch the cable, while it charges, I get a small electric shock (like the one you get from, say, a 1.5V battery).

solderdude

Major Contributor
I have never received an electric shock from a 1.5V battery, nor a 9V b.t.w.

When one feels a continuous 'sensation' then most likely it has something to do with mains leakage currents (common mode) and when one feels a short 'jolt' it is most likely that person has being statically charged and discharges (him/her-self) via the touched device.

March Audio

Major Contributor
Manufacturer
Patreon Donor
I have never received an electric shock from a 1.5V battery, nor a 9V b.t.w.

When one feels a continuous 'sensation' then most likely it has something to do with mains leakage currents (common mode) and when one feels a short 'jolt' it is most likely that person has being statically charged and discharges (him/her-self) via the touched device.
You mean you dont test 9V batteries on your tongue?

solderdude

Major Contributor
You mean you don't test 9V batteries on your tongue?
Only when I find the soup a bit bland I keep my 9V battery handy, stick out my tongue and ... :p

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning