• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of u-turn Pluto and ART DJPRE II Phono Preamps

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello

I received a djpre and connected with an Ortofon om10 cartridge. The problem is that the "clip" LED lights up every 9-10 hours. I leave the gain volume at 0 or 1 hrs, the LED stays on constantly when a vinyl is playing, however I don't hear any distortion.

Anyway I ordered a new phono preamp, and will compare it to the djpre, then I'm returning the djpre. In addition to the problem with the clip LED, the blue LED is too strong (no desire to change the resistance), then no on/off button...so it will start again.

BMRR

It is normal for the clipping LED to light up green when music is playing. It will light up red if there is clipping. Green = normal, red = clipping.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It is normal for the clipping LED to light up green when music is playing. It will light up red if there is clipping. Green = normal, red = clipping.
So it's normal, I hadn't read the instruction pamphlet.

Otherwise the sound is very excellent, I'm impressed. But the blue LED and no on/off button, and also I took advantage of Cyber Monday to get a new phono preamp at 33% off.

Top Bottom