• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
That is certainly true for politics and religion, but sex is not about power.
Welcome to Care-A-Lot.jpg

Just kidding ;).

Azeia

I don't get this. How is sex related to politics and religion?
I don't think they meant that those things were necessarily related, but just that they thought those topics weren't appropriate for the forum.

(I don't know if they are or not, I'm just saying I think @Nikke may have been misunderstood here.)

Krunok

Major Contributor
I don't think they meant that those things were necessarily related, but just that they thought those topics weren't appropriate for the forum.

(I don't know if they are or not, I'm just saying I think @Nikke may have been misunderstood here.)

I know, I was just kidding. :)

Btw, while this is true for politics and religion I think sex is always appropriate. As is discussion about Thomas sunglasses. :D

Azeia

Btw, while this is true for politics and religion I think sex is always appropriate. As is discussion about Thomas sunglasses. :D
Audio subjectivism is a religion and we talk about that all the time! ;)

Krunok

Major Contributor
Audio subjectivism is a religion and we talk about that all the time! ;)

Good point. :D

I guess manufacturers hiding true specs can also be considered as politics. :p

But let's get back to sunglasses - are these the same model as ones Thomas is wearing?

woman.jpg

Last edited:

Nikke

It looks much better.
Glad to have contributed, even though not quite as intended.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amir will you review the totaldac d1-seven?

The d1-seven DAC has been created for the seven-year anniversary of Totaldac.
It was made to be the far best sounding one-box DAC in the Totaldac range together with its brother the d1-direct, making them very special in the Totaldac range.
The d1-seven has 3.2V RCA ouputs and 6.4V XLR balanced ouputs for the best versatility, to be connected to all preamps, all integrated amps but also directly to most power amps.
"The totaldac D1-seven offers an uncanny ability to convey music’s most intimate details in a total package of stunning realism. In other words, things sound like they sound in real life—all rich, glorious, intimate, and stunning. What’s more, music unfolds into a sound image that is Barn-filling, of course this is recording-dependent, in such a way as to invite us into the performance, outside space and time (that’s a big deal)." Michael Lavorgna, twitteringmachines.com

The question is though: do everything in real life sound rich, glorious, intimate and stunning to begin with?
For example when someone flushes the toilet?

THW

Forum Donor
i really do envy the level of imagination certain “reviewers” have when they evaluate equipment, i do wonder how much comes from the posterior orifice

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The d1-seven has 3.2V RCA ouputs and 6.4V XLR balanced ouputs for the best versatility, to be connected to all preamps, all integrated amps but also directly to most power amps.

Translation: The D1-seven will sound "better" in most comparative listens due to the way higher output voltage than usual... Or they should have said: "Up to 3.2V and 6.4V"...

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"music unfolds into a sound image that is Barn-filling ":oops:
ML could have more accurately said "music that echoes throughout my barn"

Last edited:
Top Bottom