• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You know everything about psycho accoustics? congrats.
What is your qualifications in psychoacoustics? I trust the answer is none or you would not be chasing audio voodoo concepts...

totaldac

Audio Company
What is your qualifications in psychoacoustics? I trust the answer is none or you would not be chasing audio voodoo concepts...

Psychoacoustics is the scientific study of sound perception and audiology—how humans perceive various sounds. More specifically, it is the branch of science studying the psychological and physiological responses associated with sound (including noise, speech and music). It can be further categorized as a branch of psychophysics. Psychoacoustics received its name from a field within psychology — i.e., recognition science — which deals with all kinds of human perceptions. It is an interdisciplinary field of many areas, including psychology, acoustics, electronic engineering, physics, biology, physiology, and computer science.[1]

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Btw , here are my qualifications in the arena of quantum physics..,
Quantum mechanics (QM; also known as quantum physics, quantum theory, the wave mechanical model, or matrix mechanics), including quantum field theory, is a fundamental theory in physics which describes nature at the smallest scales of energy levels of atoms and subatomic particles.[2]

I will assume your all well impressed .

Patatorz

You have a DCS Network brige? The d1-streamer has been evaluated better sounding.
Hi hi hi Not by me and a by a lot of other people. I would be happy to read the face 2 face comparisons. I must say that I did not tried the server with the additional power supply for the cubox that seems to bring tremendous improvement :) i don’t have enough space for sheet metal at home. I also heard and read that your customers are a bit disappointing changing se card everytime to fix software issues. Not an easy life. By the way my network bridge, engineered by a well known company in digital is doing good thanks.

Indeed i moved out from the Totaldac server few years ago when the Belcanto RefStream and the 3dlab nano based on ABC/PCB (now engineered) board were already performing much better for half or third of the price.

Just found who made the evaluation. I did not look for a long time, mr Lavorgna, your best friend
My dCS Network Bridge allows my totaldac d1-seven to speak with great authority, clarity, and beauty. The totaldac d1-streamer allows the d1-seven to speak with greater humanity.
Great words that are engaging only this person especially when you need to use the d1-server with the gigafilter usb cable in addition.
It would be also really funny to see what there is really in the d1-server or player, the thing @8900€. It should be close to a joke.
To re-use some words of Mr Lavorgna : it is pathetic.

Last edited:

graz_lag

Major Contributor
The buddy who runs away mimics what the appropriate action should be after hearing this TotalDAC ...

1564432041648.png

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Btw , here are my qualifications in the arena of quantum physics..,
Quantum mechanics (QM; also known as quantum physics, quantum theory, the wave mechanical model, or matrix mechanics), including quantum field theory, is a fundamental theory in physics which describes nature at the smallest scales of energy levels of atoms and subatomic particles.[2]

I will assume your all well impressed .

OK, you're entitled to a 1/2 pound of rilettes du Mans for free tonight !

totaldac

Audio Company
So TotalDac is a psychoacoustic DAC ? This is the secret ?
Not by me and a by a lot of other people. I must say that I did not tried the server with the additional power supply for the cubox that seems to bring tremendous improvement :) i don’t have enough space for sheet metal at home. I also heard and read that your customers are a bit disappointing changing se card everytime to fix software issues. Not an easy life.

d1-streamer, with live-power power supply, not with the second power supply.

Patatorz

So 5900€ for the reclocker and the cubox + 1750€ for the gigafilter (the bottleneck in all systems except Totaldac) + 1200 to 6300€ for the live power depending on how many stamping sheets you want to plug..and that tested on your d150 best seller (46k€) ? Come on let’s be serious.

I will move to read mode now as it seems you are just playing a bad game

Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So 5900€ for the reclocker and the cubox + 1750€ for the gigafilter (the bottleneck in all systems except Totaldac) + 1200 to 6300€ for the live power depending on how many stamping sheets you want to plug..and that tested on your d150 best seller (46k€) ? Come on let’s be serious.

I will move to read mode now as it seems you are just playing a bad game

A Gigafilter USB might be included in the price of 5.990€ with the re-clocker & box, I'm not sure.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
There's also an option for those finding that a noise floor of -160dB with -122dB of music injected is too low / not natural.
Ask for price.

View attachment 30283
This would work well with my CrackerDAC , PM me to discuss collaboration.

Top Bottom