• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

manueljenkin

I just check them out, but don't think I can get it locally here & it seems to be better used with a PC/Laptop than pairing them with my M6.

Groove works fine out of my phone + usb audio player Pro for bit perfect audio. It still manages to push nice power even when source from a phone though it is a tad more powerful out of a pc. I have been able to use phone -> groove -> hd800 quite well.

Rorosello_

Groove works fine out of my phone + usb audio player Pro for bit perfect audio. It still manages to push nice power even when source from a phone though it is a tad more powerful out of a pc. I have been able to use phone -> groove -> hd800 quite well.
I would consider if i can get it locally, but unfortunately no local store have them & if i were to import, the tax is gonna be pretty high :(

bloodevil

Hi all, could you help me understand the best way to connect the NX4 to an iPhone 12? no lightning-2-micro usb cable in the box so what's the way to go? lightning-2-micro usb adapter? or lightning-2-usb adapter? Is there a difference? Considering in the box you get micro usb-2-micro usb and micro usb-2-USB-A both options are doable. I have no idea if there's any difference

velasfloyd

Hi all, could you help me understand the best way to connect the NX4 to an iPhone 12? no lightning-2-micro usb cable in the box so what's the way to go? lightning-2-micro usb adapter? or lightning-2-usb adapter? Is there a difference? Considering in the box you get micro usb-2-micro usb and micro usb-2-USB-A both options are doable. I have no idea if there's any difference

The only way is buying the apple camera adapter. There are 2 versions, the older one is an adapter that go from lightning to usb-A female, and the modern one also includes a female lightning in case you want to charge it at the same time.

then, from the usb-A female you can plug any usb-A male to micro-usb into the NX4.

there are some unofficial cables that goes dirctly from lightning till microUsb... but they work sometimes and are not reliable, or iOS change and the cable got useless.

another option is to use the apple lightning to 3.5 female and connecr a 3.5 to 3.5 mm into the NX4, in this case the NX4 works only as amp

other option is to buy the new cable lightning to 3.5 male and connect dirextly to NX4 to use it as amp as well

GeorgeWalk

I use these (I have the 6 inch and 4ft versions) they work great. http://meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

dc655321

Major Contributor
When we use the 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm wire, the dac in use is the native mobile or computer DAC, right? So, it doesn't use the NX4 DSD's DAC? I wanted to check my assumption with someone else too, lest its incorrect.

Yep, you're correct.

Daaadou

About the cable issue from an iPhone XR to the NX4.
I read you, it seems I require the camera cable kit, there is a simple one at 35 euros and one with charging capacity on top of it for 45 euros.
I also see there is a very simple device to plug into the lightning port that converts it to micro USB, 25 euros.
Here is a picture :
MD820

This one will not work?

velasfloyd

About the cable issue from an iPhone XR to the NX4.
I read you, it seems I require the camera cable kit, there is a simple one at 35 euros and one with charging capacity on top of it for 45 euros.
I also see there is a very simple device to plug into the lightning port that converts it to micro USB, 25 euros.
Here is a picture :
MD820

This one will not work?

resume:

* cables that will work:
- apple official cables
- non-apple cables with Mfi licensed (you will know if the cable is mfi licensed as it will appear big in the promo of the cable... and probably will be as expensive as an apple cable

* cables that only god knows if they work
- whatever other cable: this means any cable can work or not... depending on the iphone, ios, device, etc.... and even if it works, can stop working at any time with any iOS change.... or not. you can try as they are quite cheap normally.

Daaadou

Ok thanks for your reply

what about the small dongle I posted ? This is an apple dongle, hence the price lol

will it work ? I shall use the micro usb to micro usb câble I got with my nx4
That would be perfect since it is quite small and a very efficient fix

velasfloyd

Ok thanks for your reply

what about the small dongle I posted ? This is an apple dongle, hence the price lol

will it work ? I shall use the micro usb to micro usb câble I got with my nx4
That would be perfect since it is quite small and a very efficient fix

Oh! I see.. I just read the description of the apple page. It should work... as you say with the micro to micro cable that comes with the NX4.
Anyway, I am not sure.... and I personally dont like this kind of cableless adaptors as they put too much pressure over the lightning connector.

you can try and let the community know :)

(camera adapter works 100% sure)

Marcomarco

Which amplifier can i match if used as dac by xioami with usbplayerpro app. I use 60ohm headphones.

Asylum Seeker

Marcomarco

[QUOTE = "Asylum Seeker, post: 639038, member: 13271"] Cosa? [/ CITAZIONE]
[QUOTE = "PSO, post: 640310, member: 16281"] Vuoi dire Topping NX4 DSD come DAC, Xiaomi come telefono, quale amplificatore usare?
Non sono sicuro di quale HP usi, ma il mio Senn 6xx di impedenza da 300 ohm può essere gestito da questo in modalità DAC, senza bisogno di un amplificatore. La fonte è un laptop o un telefono Xiaomi con lettore musicale Neutron. Almeno non è necessario per me, quindi non ne ho mai provato uno. [/ CITAZIONE]
[QUOTE = "PSO, post: 640310, member: 16281"] Vuoi dire Topping NX4 DSD come DAC, Xiaomi come telefono, quale amplificatore usare?
Non sono sicuro di quale HP usi, ma il mio Senn 6xx di impedenza da 300 ohm può essere gestito da questo in modalità DAC, senza bisogno di un amplificatore. La fonte è un laptop o un telefono Xiaomi con lettore musicale Neutron. Almeno non è necessario per me, quindi non ne ho mai provato uno. [/ QUOTE]
capisci perfettamente la mia domanda e grazie per la risposta. sono molto soddisfatto del dsd nx4 e sto considerando un aggiornamento. ho in mente SMSL SU-9 pensi che la spesa valga il costo?

Nango

Major Contributor
Non sono sicuro di quale HP usi, ma il mio Senn 6xx di impedenza da 300 ohm può essere gestito da questo in modalità DAC, senza bisogno di un amplificatore. La fonte è un laptop o un telefono Xiaomi con lettore musicale Neutron. Almeno non è necessario per me, quindi non ne ho mai provato uno. [/ CITAZIONE]
Non sono sicuro di quale HP usi, ma il mio Senn 6xx di impedenza da 300 ohm può essere gestito da questo in modalità DAC, senza bisogno di un amplificatore. La fonte è un laptop o un telefono Xiaomi con lettore musicale Neutron. Almeno non è necessario per me, quindi non ne ho mai provato uno. [/ QUOTE]
capisci perfettamente la mia domanda e grazie per la risposta. sono molto soddisfatto del dsd nx4 e sto considerando un aggiornamento. ho in mente SMSL SU-9 pensi che la spesa valga il costo?
Neutron, yes, yes!!!!

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've been using the NX4 on my Utopia for a few days, and I'm excited about this combination.
Today I will listen to the dx3 for comparison.

20210116_170735.jpg

Asylum Seeker

Yo uso el Topping NX4 DSD como DAC y como amplificador con audífonos de impedancia de 250 Ohmios sin problemas. La lengua de Roma vive!

Top Bottom