• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Haven't read about the magnets, but that's not something I was thinking of. Still good to know that it would be a bad idea...

Bluetack might work on my phone, but then again we have all these high-tech and nicely designed devices and then stick them together with Bluetack... :oops:

Its available in BLACK now ... so it will look neater if it suits your colour matching though .... :p:D

MrC

Can anyone suggest where to buy replacement microUSB to MicroUSB (male to male) replacement cables for the NX4?

One end of the included cable seems to have developed some slack amd the connection is intermittent (which is a real pain!).

It seems that these are not that common anymore and I can only really find 1m ones or longer, I am looking for one that is about the same length as the one that is included, although a 90º connector on one end would be perfect (to put less strain on the connector when paired with a phone in a pocket.

Any ideas?

pallas

Can anyone suggest where to buy replacement microUSB to MicroUSB (male to male) replacement cables for the NX4?

One end of the included cable seems to have developed some slack amd the connection is intermittent (which is a real pain!).

It seems that these are not that common anymore and I can only really find 1m ones or longer, I am looking for one that is about the same length as the one that is included, although a 90º connector on one end would be perfect (to put less strain on the connector when paired with a phone in a pocket.

Any ideas?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FII...173.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.3c8a2e0eQ5CIlH

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc...910.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.3c8a2e0eQ5CIlH

Reactions: MrC

mgmate

Any ideas?
I already ordered mine on Amazon. There is a lot of stuff there, mine is microUSB to USB-C, and I found bouth ends at 90º, for me is better than the stright one also.

Regards,

Manuel.

leandroleitecc

Meenova cable working great with nx4 dsd + iPhone 6S Plus + TIDAL master.

10C8D805-22F4-45D3-909C-42DAB49724D5.jpeg

MrC

I already ordered mine on Amazon. There is a lot of stuff there, mine is microUSB to USB-C, and I found bouth ends at 90º, for me is better than the stright one also.

Regards,

Manuel.

I searched Amazon for hours and there are tons of USB C to MicroUSB, but Micro to Micro seems to be more difficult. I only found a couple and they were over 1m.

slazyel

I've heard on some reviews that dac on this unit is better than on the dx3 pro. Is it true? I bought it for $120 for desktop use against a $170 dx3 pro and a $100 mx3. Hope i will not regret it.

pallas

Its available in BLACK now ... so it will look neater if it suits your colour matching though .... :p:D

Meanwhile I have put together a set-up that pleases my eye more than BlueTack... :cool:

The NX4 DSD is attached with velcro and the phone holder is made of soft TPU material, so both units can be removed easily if I want to use them individually.

mgmate

One question. My unit, when the front led gets Red from Blue doesn't allow me to play music anymore (until charged again :)), but changes directly from Blue to Red without advise.

It' same for yours?

The only problem I see with this behavior is that there is no way to knowing when to recharge in advance.

Regards,

Manuel.

MrC

One question. My unit, when the front led gets Red from Blue doesn't allow me to play music anymore (until charged again :)), but changes directly from Blue to Red without advise.

It' same for yours?

The only problem I see with this behavior is that there is no way to knowing when to recharge in advance.

Regards,

Manuel.

Mine continues to play even if red, at least until it runs out completely.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,
Does that DAC/amp needs drivers to be used in a Win XP system, or is it plug-and-play?
How good is the volume control knob?

MWC

What is the frequency response of this DAC? Looking to pair it with my Adam A7X monitors that are 45Hz to 50kHz.
I get the impression from Amirm's measurements that all Topping DACs are limited to 20Hz to 20kHz but that may be simply because he tests with redbook (CD quality) files only.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the frequency response of this DAC? Looking to pair it with my Adam A7X monitors that are 45Hz to 50kHz.
I get the impression from Amirm's measurements that all Topping DACs are limited to 20Hz to 20kHz but that may be simply because he tests with redbook (CD quality) files only.

Why do you want to listen to ultrasonics?
"50kHz" is a pointless commercial indication.

MWC

@daftcombo, you seem to be one of those flat-earther types not believing in anything being audible or effecting the audible spectrum over 20kHz. I happen to have a slightly different belief system to yours and don't really want to rain on your parade and despite your really apt nickname I respect you having your belief system. Please respect me and mine, thank you :)

BTW I think you'll find it best to have ASIO drivers for this DAC especially if you want to listen to anything other than CD, like 24bit PCM and DSD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom