• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Veri

Major Contributor
Hi men sorry for the question obvious BUT Can I have improvement if I use the XRL headphone out of my DX7s' Topping to RCA Input of my headphone amplifier?

Logically I use a cable adapter from XLR to RCA, I tell this because I see that the XLR outputs have better features than the 1/4 jack unbalanced out.

Thanks Men
You should use the line-out on the back to connect with an external headphone amplifier. Not the front headphone outputs.
XLR to RCA adapter is a terrible idea and has zero benefits or better features.

RickSanchez

Hi men sorry for the question obvious BUT Can I have improvement if I use the XRL headphone out of my DX7s' Topping to RCA Input of my headphone amplifier?

Logically I use a cable adapter from XLR to RCA, I tell this because I see that the XLR outputs have better features than the 1/4 jack unbalanced out.

Thanks Men
I realize this is probably just an unintended language gaffe, but while few in number there are women on ASR too.

I realize this is probably just an unintended language gaffe, but while few in number there are women on ASR too.
Sorry man but why? I now i'm listening a Vinyl rip by Pbthal that sound fantastic with my Headphone Amplifier Little dot Mk2 upgraded. This one it's connected to unbalanced headphone out of my Topping Dx7s. I cannot use the Rca line out because i have a couple of active speakers attacche.

Thanks for all and excuse me for my questions.

HI! There are much diference between the DX7 Pro?
It's comparable in SQ with the SMSL Su8 V2 + SMSL SP200?
Thanks.

anyone know if this topping currently is the only all-in-one unit available at this price range(or lower), of decent quality. need xlr out, dac and headphone amp

Last edited:
Top Bottom