• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Toku

Not sure if you saw that the D50s has a newer USB driver (version 4.67). Since the HW is (almost) the same it works fine on DX7s as well.
Please comment if you have a different experience.

See the new driver here: http://www.tpdz.net/wdzn_detail/newsId=89.html
The Topping USB driver can be used for all models. Therefore, Version: V4.67.0 for D50s is the latest driver.
In addition, the remote control can be used in common with DX3Pro D50 D70 DX7s

Last edited:

Veri

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Drivers will keep working as long as they keep using the same microcontroller :)

Dana reed

For a while I was leery of using the DX7s as a DAC\pre for speakers since a wrong button press could put it into line out mode and blow my speakers. But I think I found a good application for it. Using it with powered speakers, I can set the input level at a couple notches below the +4dB nominal, then when the DX7s is up to 0 dB, it's damn loud, but not clipping, distorting, etc. And picking up a D10 I can get another USB device on there without having to rearrange cables to switch.

IMG_1496.JPG

Top Bottom