• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Silvera

My remote doesn't work, I've only been able to figure out how to change sources and dac mode with the dial. Can someone help how to change filters and gain?

LuckyLuke575

Forum Donor
My remote doesn't work, I've only been able to figure out how to change sources and dac mode with the dial. Can someone help how to change filters and gain?
Press the LINE OUT button for DAC; once for pre-amp mode with volume control, second time for line passthrough (fixed max volume), press button with headphones to go back.

To cycle through sources with the remote, just press the left and right arrow buttons on the remote.

aka

I'm sure @amirm would test one if someone sends him a Topping DX3 'v2'.

If Amir is so inclined, I'd love to see objective measurements of the two headphone amps. I just purchased the V1 from 'Drop but received V2 and as I use it solely as a DAC+Headphone Amp I'm curious. In truth, I doubt my ears could tell any significant difference especially with my mid-range cans (HD6XX, HD58X, 'Austria' k701, etc) but where's the fun in not obsessing?!
Hat's off to Topping for addressing their users' issues!

Silvera

Press the LINE OUT button for DAC; once for pre-amp mode with volume control, second time for line passthrough (fixed max volume), press button with headphones to go back.

To cycle through sources with the remote, just press the left and right arrow buttons on the remote.

Its the remote that doesnt work but ive figured out how to use all functions without it.

THW

Forum Donor
it would have the Hi-Res Audio Sticker.

both have the high res sticker, V2 also has the hi res wireless sticker i think.

Silvera

both have the high res sticker, V2 also has the hi res wireless sticker i think.

Good to know, thanks. mine has both stickers.

Because my remote is faulty how would i go about getting a replacement from a company like topping in china?

THW

Forum Donor
Good to know, thanks. mine has both stickers.

Because my remote is faulty how would i go about getting a replacement from a company like topping in china?

not sure as to get a replacement for free but if you don’t mind spending like 25 USD more, the DX7 remote is available for sale

Silvera

not sure as to get a replacement for free but if you don’t mind spending like 25 USD more, the DX7 remote is available for sale

ah thats annoying, ill just stick to the volume knob menu control then.

auronthas

Yes i went through a whole new 6 pack of duracell 2032 batteries.
Not sure if your remote control (V2) is similar to this V1, if yes, make sure the button cell battery is inserted between the coils (top and bottom coils)
as photo shown below.
17IAnWo.jpg

dieselschweif

thanks to this thread I recently ordered a DX3Pro V2. After an acciedently double push the dial and releasing the double mono amp onto my speakers I looked into the manual if there is a way to prevent that. It does not look like there is this "feature", isn't it?

Besides that I am very pleased with the silence from my tweeters! The power output with low gain mode on a 250 Ohm headphone is not enough, but on high gain its great. (Beyerdynamics DT880 Edition)

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Not sure if your remote control (V2) is similar to this V1, if yes, make sure the button cell battery is inserted between the coils (top and bottom coils)
as photo shown below.
View attachment 31372

Took me a minute to figure that out too...

Alex23

I ordered V2 because I want to use it with my 30 Ohm armature plugs KZ ZS-10 PRO and my 32 Ohm Sony MDR-XB950B1. To solve V2 high impedance issue I also ordered 80 Ohm impedance plug https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32892202826.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7c1033edmPik3h My V2 is on its way from China. Is it a good solution? I want to have good enough amp to be able to test and buy more advanced headphones, like LCD-2, or maybe Fostex T50RP MK3 or Hifiman Sundara. Now I only have Sony XZ Premium phone with 835 chip (no added amp) which has 24/192 direct mode and Fiio A3 amp. I have pretty powerfull 4 cores 8 threads i7 laptop and am going to use V2 in up-to DSD512 mode with some suitable for Win7 player. Also I consider using a balanced cable with V2. What do you think?

Last edited:

Noob2313

How do you know if you have a v2 model?

That's right. You can see a picture of the new sticker here.

Or you can open it up and compare the circuit board.

Most of the difference is on the inside. :)

There are some small functional differences in DAC mode, in the menu system, and in the user manual. Go here and here for the details.

Last edited:
Top Bottom