• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Tatteredmidnight

I don't keep going on about, that's the thing. I keep having to post reply after reply after reply to people like you who for some reason think they need to chip in like there some kind of ASR bastion.

I don't need to hear it. People are just blowing it out of proportion running to the aid of amirm as I dared to draw criticism to a review here (quite valid criticism) and despite the last word in the review "welcoming it" it seems it isn't welcome at all.

Curious, the only person who I attempted to aid is you. You might make friends if you didn't treat every response as a personal attack. As it stands, you had a very valid point which you have completely nullified by your persistent belligerence.

I hope your issue is resolved and quickly so you may find the door back to reddit/4Chan, where your particular mannerisms may be better received.

Tatteredmidnight

How can it recede into the background with all the clicking?!

(Sorry, just joking, couldn't resist!)

The worst part is that this is a legitimate issue, acknowledged by the manufacturer, which has been completely overshadowed by the poor attitude of the reporting user. Life isn't about being right, its about winning people's support. Hopefully a lesson @Bigsy learns before it has more significant ramifications for his/her life.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I have not checked to see if it causes a short or other issues with the normal stereo jack.

Depends. I see two wiring patterns that might be used:

This one would work. TRRS contacts L/R/G/G in the TRS jack, giving single ended signal to both sides of a 4-wire headphone.

1544135595317.png

Then there's this, that gives me a headache.

1544135667780.png

Last edited:

Bigsy

Curious, the only person who I attempted to aid is you. You might make friends if you didn't treat every response as a personal attack. As it stands, you had a very valid point which you have completely nullified by your persistent belligerence.

I hope your issue is resolved and quickly so you may find the door back to reddit/4Chan, where your particular mannerisms may be better received.
Reply no ... I lose count... Blah Blah Blah whatever makes you feel better bro.

Tatteredmidnight

Depends. I see two wiring patterns that might be used:

This one would work.

View attachment 18496

Then there's this, that gives me a headache:

View attachment 18497

Given that they said they were using cheap ear buds, it may be more likely that the TRRS connector's extra contacts are for a mic connection, which would shirt to ground, and shouldn't cause damage to either device

voon

It's just normal IEMs for phones .. they have the extra ring for the microphone (headset IEMs).

Tatteredmidnight

It's just normal IEMs for phones .. they have the extra ring for the microphone (headset IEMs).

I dont believe this should cause a problem then. The first T and R should behave the same way they do in a standard TRS connector, and the last S should still contact the ground in the TRS female socket. Since there is no power flowing through the second R in either direction, they should behave as normal ear buds with no mic.

derp1n

derp1n

I'm very well aware of the review and only wish to know if I am still in shock of how good this is for it's cost compared to some of those much more expensive devices or is it truly better and outperforms them.
Ah, if you're asking for a subjective judgement call... good luck. :)

Toku

Major Contributor
I like technical talks and I am participating in several forums of ASR.
I am grateful for the disclosure of electrical measurement data of various products by amirm.
I am Japanese and I'm not good at English, but I am trying to understand everyone's remarks.
But reading a recent post makes me feel a little sad. You should think more about your post.

Tatteredmidnight

Phrases like "truly better" get complicated quickly because they are relative to the domain of the discussion. On a forum for audio metrology, "truly better" would mean "achieves superior measurements in a defined set of tests."

If this were an industrial design forum, "truly better" may mean something completely different.

pejakovic1

Phrases like "truly better" get complicated quickly because they are relative to the domain of the discussion. On a forum for audio metrology, "truly better" would mean "achieves superior measurements in a defined set of tests."

If this were an industrial design forum, "truly better" may mean something completely different.

Truly better as, a cleaner output. Just given the bluetooth implementation it's great. Also I never cared about portability, portability is, in my book, a non-feature. If it doesn't have a volume knob I ain't bought.

mikehoopes

Measured DC on the headphone output, -0.0 dB (high gain, USB). DMM: Triplett 9045, 0.5% accuracy rdg (reading).
Music playing: L (1.1 mV), R (0.2 mV)
Music paused: L (0.0 mV), R (0.0 mV)

[edit]: Last measurement with stock MassDrop HD 6XX cable.

Measured with V-Moda XF-3SZ-BLACK cable (3.5 mm TRRS input, 3.5 mm TRS output, 3-button control with mic): same results.
https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/products/3-button-speakeasy-cable

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
There’s been a few sour ,ill tempered and rather petulant exchanges in this thread can those who it concerns cut it out please. I’m on holiday and Iv miss a bit so For the rest of you please accept my apologies and thanks for conducting yourselves in the right way .

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Top Bottom