• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D90 4499DAC

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@LuckyLuke575

@WolfX-700 and many others before him have contributed reviews. The idea is that as long as the reviewer has described their measurement process and shows technical competency, there is no issue. There was previous discussion about establishing standards. The reviews represent a community effort in any case (catching errors, noting limitations, recommending additional procedures).

Celty

I really like the ASR forum. I personally respect the objective measurement and the evaluation based on it.

That's why I bought APx555 and started posting measurement results on this forum.

If there is something that I did not do well enough, especially in the measurement, welcome everyone to give me suggestions and opinions. ----- I believe that in my past interactions, the members who interacted with me should feel that I value the opinions and suggestions.

I also sincerely hope that ASR will get better and better.
I say we owe a big thank you to folk like you who are willing to invest in very expensive test equipment and spend the time to review and share the results. Hooray for Amir and Wolfie :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I too appreciate Wolifie's contributions. The only issue is that when I promoted one of this reviews to the home page (the Audio-gd R8), people on another forum bashed me for not knowing how to measure. :) Someone corrected them at the end but the damage was done. I was crying all day, looking for a cliff to jump from....

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I too appreciate Wlifie's contributions. The only issue is that when I promoted one of this reviews to the home page (the Audio-gd R8), people on another forum bashed me for not knowing how to measure. :) Someone corrected them at the end but the damage was done. I was crying all day, looking for a cliff to jump from....
Yes and he might be getting more ' likes ' than you too , I know this will make you insufferable.

Tks

Major Contributor
I too appreciate Wolifie's contributions. The only issue is that when I promoted one of this reviews to the home page (the Audio-gd R8), people on another forum bashed me for not knowing how to measure. :) Someone corrected them at the end but the damage was done. I was crying all day, looking for a cliff to jump from....

Up9DEn0.gif

Oh noo bossman!

Have a nice vegan sushi and a cute bunny :D

80817777fb337bcac44068c58ef4f9b8.jpg

Celty

There will always be detractors, just rock'n'roll and enjoy doing your thing!

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Topping established a communication group between me and their R & D engineers. We are communicating the details about J-Test very seriously. They reproduced my test results and said they would look for the problem.

it's great! A company that is willing to face problems and try to solve them is always great, isn't it?

And this is also in line with my utopian dream. I hope to be able to promote the industry a little bit by third-party measurement and review.

Feyire

Topping established a communication group between me and their R & D engineers. We are communicating the details about J-Test very seriously. They reproduced my test results and said they would look for the problem.

it's great! A company that is willing to face problems and try to solve them is always great, isn't it?

And this is also in line with my utopian dream. I hope to be able to promote the industry a little bit by third-party measurement and review.
Could you ask them to take a look at the linearity as well? The quest for perfection:)

Veri

Master Contributor

Wonderful news :D I do like Topping's approach, taking problems very seriously.

VeerK

Did you get a chance to measure the dimensions of the D90? And thank you @WolfX-700 for contacting Topping engineers regarding the J-Test issues :)

oldsysop

His cycle is over.
You should send your APx 555 to @◘restorer-john, so he can measure the equipment that interests me, Vintage from the 60s / 70s.
Thanks.

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Did you get a chance to measure the dimensions of the D90? And thank you @WolfX-700 for contacting Topping engineers regarding the J-Test issues :)
They reproduced my measurements yesterday afternoon. Looking for solution

Hemi-Demon

@WolfX-700 Great job! This is my next dac if they can fix that linearity. Curious what is up with the 4499 chip that is causing both devices you have tested to measure so poorly with respect to linearity.

Top Bottom