• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Snafu

^ Yes, just check that power cable is long enough for your use.

Snafu

Yes, just connect psu (needs to be connected all the time) and usb. If usb was your last input it will power on automatically.
If not, you must power D50 on manually and select correct input.

btw, don't do same mistake i did: when setting psu and D50 up check that psu is at 5V

Viper Necklampy

hi there , im going to order d50 from amazon.ca . But I have no clue what power supply to buy ! any1 could help me out ?
What? Isn't that included? I bought one from Amazon.uk.. In an unboxing video i see there Is a sort of power supply inside..

Snafu

any 5V / 1A is good

google:
USB 2.0 5.0v and 500mA max
USB3.0 5.0V and 900mA max

i guess you need to try and see if it works

bboris77

A quick question - how warm does the Atom run in terms of temperature? I am asking because I want to put my DAC on top of it.

NemoReborn

I have a question regarding the volume on th d50. My setup : desktop -> d50 -> Atom

Do i set volume to 100% on desktop and d50 and adjust it with the Atom ?? Is that the way to properly do it?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a question regarding the volume on th d50. My setup : desktop -> d50 -> Atom

Do i set volume to 100% on desktop and d50 and adjust it with the Atom ?? Is that the way to properly do it?
That's how I would do it. Adjust it in the analog domain.

NemoReborn

aight ... so i just received both unit (d50/Atom). hell yes the d50 is heavy and way smaller than i tought it would be .. i knew it was small .. but haha not that small! not a bad thing tho.

I have no Noise at all using the USB power from my desktop , comming from the Atom

my only concern is i cannot hear any difference between the d50 and my Fiio K3 used as dac! ?! I dont know if its because the k3 is way cheaper so i tend to be attracted by the performance/price ratio , but i think music seems to sound a bit more alive ... or maybe my ears cannot see the difference.

ima keep doing A/B test . but so far im wondering if i should not have gone the d10 route.

to be continued...

EDIT : btw both dac are listened tru the Atom and i am using my ultrasone hfi-780

EDIT 2 : I could not resist , I ordered a D10 to test it out... will keep the d10 if its as good as my k3 and d50
will send back the d50 if the d10 perform well ...

EDIT 3 : many flac song need to be used with wasapi PUSH over Event when I am using the d50 .. Fiio k3 dsnt matter work well with all flac format using wasabi Event ... not sure what it mean , just pointing it out

Last edited:

NemoReborn

aight ... so i just received both unit (d50/Atom). hell yes the d50 is heavy and way smaller than i tought it would be .. i knew it was small .. but haha not that small! not a bad thing tho.

I have no Noise at all using the USB power from my desktop , comming from the Atom

my only concern is i cannot hear any difference between the d50 and my Fiio K3 used as dac! ?! I dont know if its because the k3 is way cheaper so i tend to be attracted by the performance/price ratio , but i think music seems to sound a bit more alive ... or maybe my ears cannot see the difference.

ima keep doing A/B test . but so far im wondering if i should not have gone the d10 route.

to be continued...

EDIT : btw both dac are listened tru the Atom and i am using my ultrasone hfi-780

EDIT 2 : I could not resist , I ordered a D10 to test it out... will keep the d10 if its as good as my k3 and d50
will send back the d50 if the d10 perform well ...

EDIT 3 : many flac song need to be used with wasapi PUSH over Event when I am using the d50 .. Fiio k3 dsnt matter work well with all flac format using wasabi Event ... not sure what it mean , just pointing it out

About the EDIT 3 ... I finaly installed the topping d50 driver even if i had windows 10 installed ! wanapi Event works fine now , no more distortion with file over 44.1

Gggggas

A quick question - how warm does the Atom run in terms of temperature? I am asking because I want to put my DAC on top of it.
I have them and they are perfectly fine after let's say a 4h use, not warm at all just normal temps

NemoReborn

i reveived the d10 today ... after a few hours of listenning , i have to say the d10 sound really good ... but i prefer the d50. there is NO noise at all even with the volume mxed out high gain on the atom. The d10 its noticeable , u can hear a little hisssssssss going . really not loud but its there .
I prefer the look and the feature of the d50 so its the one ill keep ..

NemoReborn

I have a little question regarding the d50 . Ive noticed the Oled screen always showing 24 bit ... no mather what I play. I am using foobar and wasapi or asio ... Both doing the same.

My setting in windows is 16 Bit
My setting in Topping control panel is 24 bit since 16 bit is not selectable

but since i am listening flac 44.1/16 bit in foobar with wasapi/asio , it should not play 16 bit ?

im confused

EDIT : Its gong to be 32 bit on the Oled screen if i change it to 32 bit in topping control panel tho ... even if windows is 16bit or foobar playing 16 bit

Gggggas

Guys what sound format do you recommend on Windows 10? I'm only listening to music (Flac).

download.jpeg

Top Bottom