• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

vinaysharma76

To maximize the potential of TOPPING D10. Use the TOPPING DX3 PRO DRIVERS
I am trying to install TOPPING DX3 PRO DRIVERS driver but my virus scanner is deleting this everytime reports as a threat? In reason for same?

I can install D10 driver perfectly though.

Vosya

virus scanner is deleting this everytime reports as a threat
I think, drivers from Thesycon do not contain a virus in the conventional sense. During the installation process, they try to connect to the Internet, presumably to send some telemetry. Just block this attempt with a firewall if you fear for confidentiality.

AresHarvest

Well no, it's not the default mode for foobar, which was what I was talking about initially. It needs the installation of a component, which I linked in the previous comment.

Remember the part where I referred to exclusive mode protocols, and you pointed out that WASAPI also has a shared mode aside from exclusive modes?

Vosya

WASAPI Shared, DirectSound, MM have the same data path and, in this sense, do not differ from each other. WASAPI Exclusive, Kernel Streaming, ASIO - fundamentally different from them.

Vosya

Do you remember the context? Scroll back to post 1154.
To see there confirmation of the thesis: "The audio engine mixes the streams from these applications and plays the resulting mix through the hardware. [...] In contrast, if a client opens a stream in exclusive mode, the client has exclusive access to the audio hardware."?

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Has anyone tried running this off an Android device using USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO? it's usb powered with no wall wart so I worry about it not getting enough juice from my phone. Thanks!

odessamarin

Has anyone tried running this off an Android device using USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO? it's usb powered with no wall wart so I worry about it not getting enough juice from my phone. Thanks!

Hi.. my Samsung S9 and Android tablet woks well. Iphone not. Other Android tablet randomly cutiing power out time to time. The way to go is external power use.

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Hi.. my Samsung S9 and Android tablet woks well. Iphone not. Other Android tablet randomly cutiing power out time to time. The way to go is external power use.
Thanks for the reply, dumb question, but how do I power it externally when it only has one usb input and no power input? Usb hub?

SiW

iPhone works fine from the camera connection kit.

Skmon

Top Bottom