• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Alderaan_Null

Snafu

wasn't D70S to be released soon ? it has bluetooth and something else (or not) can't remember what.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
There will be a version of the D70 with Bluetooth 5.0. As for what is it specifically called, I have no idea. No idea on the specific timeline schedules for that either.

During the June sales on Aliexpress, with the right coupon combinations, it was possible to reduce the price of the D70 down to about US$404/-. So Ebay pricing for some reason approaching that is possible. But for electronics shipping of China that may need warranty support, would suggest sticking to reputable sellers or at least one that has a clear warranty policy.

DeepSpace57

There will be a version of the D70 with Bluetooth 5.0. As for what is it specifically called, I have no idea. No idea on the specific timeline schedules for that either.

During the June sales on Aliexpress, with the right coupon combinations, it was possible to reduce the price of the D70 down to about US$404/-. So Ebay pricing for some reason approaching that is possible. But for electronics shipping of China that may need warranty support, would suggest sticking to reputable sellers or at least one that has a clear warranty policy.

contacted the seller. His review too is pretty good. SMSL SU-8 will soon be dropping to 160 pounds (about 210 USD) on amazon.uk. I still think if the double price is worth.

Snafu

But for electronics shipping of China that may need warranty support, would suggest sticking to reputable sellers or at least one that has a clear warranty policy.

My understanding is that this ebay-seller is Shenzhen Audio Store and gives one year manufacturer warranty. It's all there...
https://www.ebay.com/str/shenzhenaudiostore
https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/

I rather steer away from aliexpress and alibaba etc when i'm looking for "reputable sellers" and buy directly from vinishine/shenzen etc

but let's not start about that:
all Toppings -20%
https://www.ebay.com/sme/wsz0304/Sa...ent&_soffid=5423073000&_trksid=p2047675.m2197

FreaK

Very strange seller . On aliexpress there are no discounts , but the wcz0304 from China . Santa Claus in the summer ![/QUOTE]

He has a good rating, i wouldn't worry about that.
I have a bad luck with my D70 order on the Aliexpress summer sale, my shipment was canceled before the air shipping for no known reason. The seller is still waiting an email from the Logistics. Its almost a month now, from the time of my order.. if i could, i would cancel my order and after i would get back the money, i would order the DAC from the link above for sure.

gvl

Major Contributor
I think 20% off is coming from eBay's pocket and possibly Topping's.

Veri

Master Contributor
I'm pretty sure it's the vendors.
I thought it was more like ebay giving discount on the cut they take on their marketplace in the first place. The vendors earn the same thing, it's ebay taking less of margin when they do global ebay discounts. Same thing with uber discounts, etc. For the seller it doesn't/shouldn't matter.

Krunok

Major Contributor
I thought it was more like ebay giving discount on the cut they take on their marketplace in the first place. The vendors earn the same thing, it's ebay taking less of margin when they do global ebay discounts. Same thing with uber discounts, etc. For the seller it doesn't/shouldn't matter.

Ebay margin is lower than 20% so they would be loosing money when giving 20% of the discount. Besides, the discount is given by the owner of the merchandise, not the middleman.

gvl

Major Contributor
Ebay margin is lower than 20% so they would be loosing money when giving 20% of the discount. Besides, the discount is given by the owner of the merchandise, not the middleman.

Retailers often sell products at a loss to bring more customers in with hopes they will buy something else. Given the marketplace is ebays product, I don't see it being too unrealistic them doing such a promotion on low volume product such as Topping gear.

Moriarty

Mates, after one week since I received Topping D70 I can say: don't hesitate, buy this DAC. I payed 440 USD and I'm very happy with its sound. It's worth much more. 400 USD is a real bargain. Very natural sound.

gvl

Major Contributor
Natural and organic, or just natural? Sorry, could not resist.

zym1010

Forum Donor
I paid 450 USD (tax free, free shipping) on Amazon... Arrived from China to US in 3 days, super fast. Great build quality. Need to wait for the Atom amplifier to arrive...

chosen_too

Mates, after one week since I received Topping D70 I can say: don't hesitate, buy this DAC. I payed 440 USD and I'm very happy with its sound. It's worth much more. 400 USD is a real bargain. Very natural sound.

Totally agree. Pianos, guitars and voices are perfect for me. Bass is weaker than on d50 though.

SoundMix

After an 80 hour burn in (just kidding), I'm enjoying my D70 without a hitch. I'm using Music Bee for player...all is good with HiRes formats decoding properly using USB on Windows 10. Cheers.

Top Bottom