• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sony MEX-XB120BT and Dual AM505BT Car Stereos

Lac013

I've worked for Audi for the last two years and I'm currently leasing the new A6 it has the bang and Olefson upgrade and is very very good. However, it's like 10 speakers. I always preferred just front mids and highs in the front no back speakers at all with dual subs in the rear. Now it's all about 3d sound as they call it

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When the VW Golf mk. 5 was released it had a very good standard audio system but they seemed to row back pretty quickly, probably to either cut costs or make room for a premium upgrade (or both). Saab used to be pretty good for fitting good quality audio systems.
My Audi A6 has the standard fit audio system that goes with S Line trim, it works but the infotainment system is very slow and SQ not great.
I was amazed a few weeks ago when I was looking at Hyundai and saw they're sticking the Krell name on their upgrade stereo systems now.

Dumdum

That’s my New Year’s Eve task! Can’t stand rattles, the back of the door card now weighs a lot more than it did, and the voids are filled with foam!

Attachments

• 134E2158-D6B7-4F4A-A953-E15FF69C0366.jpeg
    134E2158-D6B7-4F4A-A953-E15FF69C0366.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 91

goldenears

I've worked for Audi for the last two years and I'm currently leasing the new A6 it has the bang and Olefson upgrade and is very very good. However, it's like 10 speakers. I always preferred just front mids and highs in the front no back speakers at all with dual subs in the rear. Now it's all about 3d sound as they call it

3D sound with stereo sources...

I'm curious how well it works, I do enjoy Dolby upmixing at home.

Top Bottom