• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Sony HAP-S1 Streamer/Server

BYRTT

Patreon Donor
Transients don't look like Impulses.

Two small hardwood blocks, clapped together (loud) and recorded in-room. It's a real snappy sound......

.....The mic is flat on out to the right end 20kHz, there's just not much content there in this little experiment.

And filter ringing? Don't see any...
Thanks and think know what you mean there :) for fun and research if you share a download via PM for that marked transient could see if i can replicate accurate those same Audacity graphs side by side a version where that transient is convoluted with that sythetic 3-way speaker impulse.

is it possible to mesure with some archive with signals played from the internal Hard Disc ? may bey do better than S/PDIF input signal!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
is it possible to mesure with some archive with signals played from the internal Hard Disc ? may bey do better than S/PDIF input signal!
I have returned the unit. I don't think it can do better using the internal hard disk anyway.

PierreV

Yeah, the most important thing we need is a differential test between WD Red, Blue, Black and Purple, on SATA 1.5, 3 and 6 Gbps, using standard and audiophile SATA cable... It's only a set of 24 measurements, really puzzled why the device wasn't updated to "true audiophile" standard.

It's all explained here https://jcat.eu/audiophile-sata-cable/
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Top Bottom