• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

saturnaal

If you look carefully at the product photos on the apos.com page for the SP200, specifically the shapes of the connectors, you can see they've been doctored to make the case appear rectangular rather than the parallelogram I've been tilting my head to look at. Does this indicate the production version will have true 90-degree angles, but they haven't released new product photos?

maxxevv

Major Contributor
@amirm , do you have the dimensions of the SP200 (or if you have measured them)?

First post! I'm hoping to buy the SP200 and the SU-8 combo on 11/11 but I'm annoyed that the SU-8 is gone from the official SMSL store on AliExpress.

These picts (from ShenZhen Audio's Facebook page) probably explains why : update for it, the SU-8S.

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Noob

@amirm , do you have the dimensions of the SP200 (or if you have measured them)?

These picts (from ShenZhen Audio's Facebook page) probably explains why : update for it, the SU-8S.

index.php

index.php
OOOH, AAAAAH! Shiny! Wow, I love the look of this unit! It's so slick! I like the look of just a screen and a knob. The screen is also much larger than the previous SU-8, which was probably the biggest issue with the entire unit. If the performance is as much of an upgrade as I hope it is and at the same price as the original, then this could be a very serious competitor for the D50s. The D50s does have bluetooth though, so there is that. And this has XLR, so the feature sets are different enough that even with very similar performance there would still be room for both in the market.

SMSL_Liu

Audio Company
D5, M500, SU8s, is there too many identical products?
It's not identical, we want to step up and make products perfect, it gives us a chance to make things better, we are not just copying, And by the way, it's a different look for different people.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
budget 9038pro with the new su-8?!? huge news

Top Bottom