• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

Giulio

can't the channel imbalance be fixed if you have the volume on the amp at max and regulating the volume with the dac?
Yes of course, but still we have not idea of its performance at high frequencies

strangeskies

its performance at high frequencies

Do you REALLY think it's probable that a respected manufacturer (with a demonstrated history of success and value) who licensed THX's proprietary circuit technology made such a fundamental error?

Your post history on this subject is bizarre.

Giulio

Do you REALLY think it's probable that a respected manufacturer (with a demonstrated history of success and value) who licensed THX's proprietary circuit technology made such a fundamental error?

Your post history on this subject is bizarre.
Is this a scientific forum or a believer one? Why should I have to BELIEVE that the manufacturer has not made an error?

Your post doesn't make any sense.

strangeskies

I'm astonished that we have to put it this way

You don't have to. YOU can test it! Do the work.

I'm astonished by how entitled and rude you are:

No chance to see a multitone?

@amirm , why are you deliberately ignoring this? Everyone here is praising the performance of this amplifier by just looking at the performance at 1 kHz /QUOTE]

but what it's really missing is a proper evaluation protocol, in the sense that we almost never got a full set of measurements.
What I would prefer is to always have the same set of measurements for all the amps

@amirm, so no chance to see a multitone, right? I need to surrender:rolleyes:

Another disadvantage, not related to this, is that we won't see any performance measurements taking into account the entire audio bandwidth (we have just the sinad at 1kHz and IMD vs level).

we have not idea of its performance at high frequencies

FireLion

Looks to be the M400 and M200 though.

That's it, awesome stuff. I might sell my LCX and get this goodness. I'll.have to check Amirs review of the DAC but I'm sure SMSL are on it in terms of measurements.

Scriba

With what dac the sp200 synergies well? Topping d50s or wait for the new m200/400?

Veri

Master Contributor
With what dac the sp200 synergies well? Topping d50s or wait for the new m200/400?
Any good single ended DAC on here, like the D50s seems like a great match. The upcoming dacs might stack/look better, though.

Shane D

Forum Donor
This goes on sale at Midnight, Pacific time, at Shenzhen Audio.

Shane D

mshenay

@amirm good stuff. This will likely be my first Amp Purchase in a while, long wait times and lack of stock for THX 789 MD have kept me away from it

This is priced nicely and performs very well, enough so that I'd enjoy a listen with RME ADI 2 feeding it balanced

Scriba

Don't think it's on Amazon, but their Aliexpress store is also on sale, I just got an SMSL SU-8 + SP200 + a set of XLR cables for $450 :)

The problem is with Aliexpress you probably have to pay a lot of import fees. The SP200 is aswell on amazon.de (germany), but with 289 Euro. So I think it's not really worth with Aliexpress.

Top Bottom