• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm, i've definately had 96 out of my CCA, but I don't have it connected up to test right now. Have you got Full Dynamic Range enabled on the CCA? What are you casting from?

yejun

Hmm, i've definately had 96 out of my CCA, but I don't have it connected up to test right now. Have you got Full Dynamic Range enabled on the CCA? What are you casting from?
I think CCA does not decode MQA. When I play tidal from roon to CCA, it will play at higher sample rate.

Leewclark

Hi yes full dynamic is on. Casting from my P30 pro, not sure if that would make a difference...

Leewclark

Hmm purchased a USB cable to plug my P30 Pro straight in to the back of the DAC, I get 96, is this normal? Still only 44 from the CCA.

BigJim79

Has anyone got any experience of a warranty repair with SMSL. I'm UK based and have noticed the top USB port (aux power) is intermittent on my Sanskrit. It's less than a year old and I brought from Amazon UK. I've emailed Kelly at SMSL, is that about all I can do at this stage? Thanks, Jim.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Has anyone got any experience of a warranty repair with SMSL. I'm UK based and have noticed the top USB port (aux power) is intermittent on my Sanskrit. It's less than a year old and I brought from Amazon UK. I've emailed Kelly at SMSL, is that about all I can do at this stage? Thanks, Jim.
15985660896028873665919217442423.jpg

Hi see those two screws holding the usb socket to the main board ( bottom left). They need to be tightened. They atcually hold the electrical contacts together :facepalm:
There's a ribbon cable going from the main board to the display so don't try and pull the mian board out to much.

BigJim79

View attachment 80229
Hi see those two screws holding the usb socket to the main board ( bottom left). They need to be tightened. They atcually hold the electrical contacts together :facepalm:
There's a ribbon cable going from the main board to the display so don't try and pull the mian board out to much.

Thanks Vini, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if they have loosened. Thanks for the quick reply, fingers crossed I can fix it. Cheers, Jim.

raif71

Major Contributor
I recently purchased one of these for half price($AU100, free shipping) from a Sony online deal: BDP-s6700 BD/DVD 4K upscaler. It has digital co-ax, HDMI, LAN and wifi.
I got it as a back-up for SACD. It is still in its box. It has 3D - maybe good as a back-up for that.

I bought this player a few months back mainly to be used as a sacd player but when I tried to play my hybrid sacd, it doesn't play. I read that early production of the player might be able to play sacd but for the recent version, not recommended. I'm quite disappointed but my sons are quite content to use the netflix app in the player. ;)

The Messiah

Would it be possible to connect a logitech bluetooth receiver to this device ? Would an RCA to Mini USB cable work ?

gino1961

Hi ! i am adding an adapter to try different psu options more easily ...

125126_1.png

Pablovi77

Hi all, first post as I just received this dac after following this thread and wanted to thank everyones input. I am using an appropriate power supply as has been suggested. Running a Pi 3b+ with volumio and after a few minutes of frustration I was finally able to play some DSD tracks without issue. My question, last night I found the display showing d-8 and didn't know what this meant as nothing was playing. Today it displayed d-1 and d-2 while playing dsd. Does anyone know what each d value denotes?

Thanks again
Did you found out what the d-8 error is? now it says that every time it’s connected to my Raspberry Pi 4, and won’t work with Volumio. Is the DAC dead?

Hello
I have an issue when I plug my iPhone in USB. 44 is on screen and no sound. Did you meet this trouble ?
I have the same problem.

Both with iPad and iPhone.
Both with original adapter and the DAC external power.

It lights up, show the rate, the iPad/iPhone just mute and show the music it is reproducing but with no sounds.

The only thing I can think off, is if this DAC require some driver that cannot be installed on a mobile device.

On my PC works fine.

Did you found any solution to this? Thanks.

Thanks for your message, The apple signal, you need a converter to use, if the Android device can be connected directly, Apple devices are recommended to use the camera kit. Thanks
Like this
MD821
Thanks for answering but as I already stated:
Both with original adapter and the DAC external power.
I have even the more expensive one with the power input (and the DAC it is also powered by another USB).

Top Bottom