• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Schiit Modi 3 DAC

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One way might be to use a vibration plate.
Fine. Next DAC I measure, I will try to watch the influence of this:
the-vr-box-shake.gif
... Just in case, for someone who's still listening to his system under earthquake conditions...

Beng

-http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/08/demo-musings-lets-listen-to-some-jitter.html
-What do you think amir is measuring in the jitter sections of his measurements..?
If he is not measuring in the presence of vibration he is not measuring it. I will admit that I don't hear this problem in modern equipment, but that could be one I am getting old, two the gear is better, three the effect is masked.

Beng

I measured the output of the clock. At that point in time I did not have the tech to measure the output of the dac with adequate resolution. We were able to perceive the difference doing blind tests. We built a and marketed a transport which dominated the high end rooms at CES for ~ five years. This was ~ 1995ish. A lifetime ago.
The defense guys who need very precise clocks knew about this problem a long time ago and had some very interesting solutions.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I measured the output of the clock. At that point in time I did not have the tech to measure the output of the dac with adequate resolution. We were able to perceive the difference doing blind tests. We built a and marketed a transport which dominated the high end rooms at CES for ~ five years. This was ~ 1995ish. A lifetime ago.
The defense guys who need very precise clocks knew about this problem a long time ago and had some very interesting solutions.
This is a set of extraordinary claims, both the sonics and regarding the crystals. Can you provide details on the measurements and results in enough detail that the controls can be examined for adequacy and that this can be replicated?

Top Bottom