• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

decebalus

I believe so, but I would defer to other ASR members with buying experience to comment as I personally have not purchased anything from hi-fi express.

To their credit:
  • 30 day return policy *
  • 1 year warranty on all products *
  • SMSL-Mandy is a long-time and respected member of ASR
* it appears from their FAQ and shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
i meant mostly are they going to ship the item, i would get the item i pay for ... ?

Last edited:

peterwen

Audio Company
https://hifi-express.com/products/s...pro-heaphone-amplifier?variant=26167321788516
D5.jpg

I found it have a big discount on hifi-express.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

skypablo

Hello, maybe I ve lost something but is there the "headphone amplifier 50mv SNR" of the SE output of the D5? And while I understand a bit about it, can anyone explain me better how it works? Thank you

Lotus97

I just want to report that I have connected the D5 to an external preamp and then to my power amp, and the sound quality is a lot, and I mean a lot better than connecting the D5 straight into a stand alone power amp, there is so much more sweetness to the sound, the sound stage is much much bigger, and the treble sounds a lot more energetic.

I have used the preamp section of the Yamaha Aventage RX-2080 receiver and then to my Anthem power amp.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I just want to report that I have connected the D5 to an external preamp and then to my power amp, and the sound quality is a lot, and I mean a lot better than connecting the D5 straight into a stand alone power amp, there is so much more sweetness to the sound, the sound stage is much much bigger, and the treble sounds a lot more energetic.

I have used the preamp section of the Yamaha Aventage RX-2080 receiver and then to my Anthem power amp.

Hard to believe. I have plenty of preamp. Sometimes I connect one to use the phono section, but vinyl nostalgia is finished, I remove the pre to have a cleaner sound.

Lotus97

Hard to believe. I have plenty of preamp. Sometimes I connect one to use the phono section, but vinyl nostalgia is finished, I remove the pre to have a cleaner sound.

there are different types of preamps for different type of setups. In this case i am talking of stereo preamp without phono purpose or microphone. It is hard for me to believe that you cant accept the fact that the preout section of D5 is inferior than that of a $2200 Yamaha receiver.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
there are different types of preamps for different type of setups. In this case i am talking of stereo preamp without phono purpose or microphone. It is hard for me to believe that you cant accept the fact that the preout section of D5 is inferior than that of a $2200 Yamaha receiver.

Well, I thought preamp is just something to add noise and distorsion. Maybe the units I have at my disposal are not good enough. But I am so happy with simple and low cost things. In this category Sabaj D5 seems a champion (SMSL SU8 is also interesting but lacks headphones output and a bigger screen).

Lotus97

Well, I thought preamp is just something to add noise and distorsion. Maybe the units I have at my disposal are not good enough. But I am so happy with simple and low cost things. In this category Sabaj D5 seems a champion (SMSL SU8 is also interesting but lacks headphones output and a bigger screen).

or maybe you just thought $30 preamps from amazon was all needed.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Since many years. And this is not exactly a power amp. This is the evm from Texas for the TPA3255.
http://www.ti.com/tool/TPA3245EVM
It's clearly in my criteria. Low cost - got it with Texas code for 50% off - plenty of cables laying everywhere and when yydo not know you cannot understand where is the amp. Just a big mess. I do not like when everything is clean.

Last edited:

Jayce996

worth was that the DX7 Pro was at 460€ at that moment also, i did spent already too much and cannot afford it but that was a very good price for this top of the line DAC

Top Bottom