• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Kane1972

If I click on reviews, it does not cycle through any SINAD charts and if I click the link you posted it does not show the latest as the D5 and Topping D70 are absent for instance. Thanks anyway though,
Sorry, the D70 is there but can't see the D5.

wadec22

If I click on reviews, it does not cycle through any SINAD charts and if I click the link you posted it does not show the latest as the D5 and Topping D70 are absent for instance. Thanks anyway though,

it cycles through articles at the top, one of them being the master sinad chart, which when you click on it, takes you to the link i posted. i believe it is updated fairly regularly but not with every single review.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is a dummy image so not up to date. You are supposed to be able to click on it and take you to the real chart. Unfortunately that feature broke a few months ago on most browsers. So right click on the image and select link for a new tab and you will see the thread there.

I am hoping to find a fix to the above issue.

Music1969

Major Contributor
For example, given its bulk and its susceptibility to EMI noise

I saw Rob commented on EMI. It's just old phones that is the issue.

I called a friend over both 3G and 4G LTE, with phone sitting literally on top of Mojo and heard no interference....

Did the same test with a WiFi Skype call too, with phone on top of Mojo.... again no interference.

1566692902099.png

THW

Forum Donor
I saw Rob commented on EMI. It's just old phones that is the issue.

I called a friend over both 3G and 4G LTE, with phone sitting literally on top of Mojo and heard no interference....

Did the same test with a WiFi Skype call too, with phone on top of Mojo.... again no interference.

View attachment 31931

Ok but there’s still the bulk which makes it utterly unsuitable for actual portable usage, isn’t it prone to being disturbed by vibrations also?

The Q5 is by no means a small device but that has Bluetooth so you can just shove that into your pocket and leave your phone completely untethered

Music1969

Major Contributor
Ok but there’s still the bulk which makes it utterly unsuitable for actual portable usage, isn’t it prone to being disturbed by vibrations also?

The Q5 is by no means a small device but that has Bluetooth so you can just shove that into your pocket and leave your phone completely untethered

Yes I wasn’t dismissing your other comments. Just addressing the RF/EMI issue.

“Too bulky” probably means different things to different people, so no point in me commenting for anyone else.

I have my Mojo (and all DACs) on 3 small squares of sorbothane. No idea if it helps when I’m bashing away at the keyboard but I don’t hear any effect when typing anyway.

alpha

Hi Amir! The SINAD measurement of this device has not been added to the master SINAD table on the front page. You can see that here in the review but not on the top page. Just wanted inform you.

jruser

FYI, WASAPI push mode works fine with the D5. Event mode works ok at 44.1khz, but gets really distorted at 96khz and 192khz. Thought I had a defective unit for a little bit.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

dweekie

maty

Major Contributor
From China, USA, Russian and UK. The question is if from UK the price is without VAT (+19%) to any EU country or you have to be lucky in customs.

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From China, USA and UK. The question is if from UK the price is without VAT (+19%) to any EU country.
Like year ago or so. I ordered Sabaj D3 from aliexpress from Germany. It was shipped in amazon boxes (they have also shop on amazon de) by DHL. Shippng time was ultra fast like 2 days or so. No additional vat taxes etc. were charged ! So I believe ordering from UK will be the same, since british people are still in EU aren't they ? ;)
I placed order, in couple of days when i get unit I'll write info about shipping etc.

Last edited:

Kane1972

On Amazon UK it's £409, so at least you know that is what you will pay, if ordering from China you can get VAT as well as import duty. However, The SMSL M300 is only £212, so really want to see how that one measures. The D50s is also £230. I know the M300 is AKM and the others are ESS. However, it's looking like the M500 will possibly be cheaper than the D5. I'm patiently holding fire for a bit!

Veri

Master Contributor
On Amazon UK it's £409, so at least you know that is what you will pay, if ordering from China you can get VAT as well as import duty.
As mentioned above some Aliexpress items offer shipping from within Europe at no extra cost. Sweet deal.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How does one use the I2S input on the rear panel? Can a Raspberry Pi be configured to use this input via HDMI and work as an audio streamer?

Darren

Sorry if this has already been asked: are the line out's variable or fixed?

Veri

Master Contributor
Sorry if this has already been asked: are the line out's variable or fixed?
Outputs are fixed line-outs, only the headphone outputs are variable:

1566828848935.png

EDIT: this is wrong and it's actually variable, while it states the opposite in the official information lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom