• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

maty

Major Contributor
To Spain (with shipping), before VAT 19%, now with UK out of EU, VAT 21% I suppose. About € 1,450. Taxes at customs, how much to add?

No photo of the inside :(

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hypex NC500 with Nord Rev D buffers.
There is the option of NC500 with standard, rev C and rev D buffers for sale. Nord has many options!

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
To Spain (with shipping), before VAT 19%, now with UK out of EU, VAT 21% I suppose. About € 1,450. Taxes at customs, how much to add?

No photo of the inside :(
If I understand the current agreement correctly the VAT and customs arrangements are unchanged until December. After that who knows...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Had a proper chance to listen to Alan’s ( March Audio) Purifi monos today, they easily swept aside a huge pair of valve mps, I realise that isn’t saying much.
Keith

maty

Major Contributor
I enjoy fantastic sound on my second and cheap system. I have to be sure that the sound of the PURIFI 1ET400A is in accordance with the specifications. Let others do it for me.

Meanwhile I can still try to improve the Q100.

Darkweb

Had a proper chance to listen to Alan’s ( March Audio) Purifi monos today, they easily swept aside a huge pair of valve mps, I realise that isn’t saying much.
Keith
“Swept aside”???

Can you define what that means in non-Hifi salesman terms?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The valve amp was extremely noisy with ( I imagine) high percentage of distortion.
Itjust sounded ‘fuzzy’ and ill-defined.
Keith

TabCam

Why is it so cheap? does it only use one 1ET400A module? What is the output power?
it is a stereoamplifier with two cheaper input boards and a single power supply. Apollon and Nord use dual mono designs with the same power, say 200W. I rate it roughly the same as an NCore400.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
it is a stereoamplifier with two cheaper input boards and a single power supply. Apollon and Nord use dual mono designs with the same power, say 200W. I rate it roughly the same as an NCore400.
There is the option to use 2 power supplies, increasing the price from single PS £ 979 to twin PS £ 1,129 plus VAT.
Case looks nicer and opamp in rev C buffer is also better, so Nord takes the crown of best cheap stereo Purifi power amp.

Rich W

Out of all the Purifi based amps, how many do we have measurements for? Would it be premature to declare any "the best" at this point?

Rich W

The valve amp was extremely noisy with ( I imagine) high percentage of distortion.
Itjust sounded ‘fuzzy’ and ill-defined.
Keith

Would that be the best amplifier to use as a reference to compare against the Purifi? Why would you have such filth in your audio room to begin with? did you lose a bet or something?

Top Bottom