• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

g29

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Appolon Audio just listed their first Purifi offering!
Monblocs only, as the time I'm writing:

PURIFI-1ET400A-Front-Isometric-Pair.jpg

PURIFI-1ET400A-Front-Isometric.jpg

Start at 1190€ per unit, ex VAT, plus shipping.
(For my concern: 2901€/pair, taxes and shipping included.)

Ps: Oh, before @maty starts to mention it: No EMI/RFI filter! ;)

They sure have them packed in there. They also offer a choice between "Tube or Sand" OpAmps. Wonder how each measures.

maty

Major Contributor

It was expected, given the specifications of the PURIFI, better than Hypex. A few threads ago I asked for certain measurements and after the exchange of two resistors for others in the input table.

BTW, I have explained to Amirm about RF / EMI filters, leakage current and famous Y capacitors. Maybe he is encouraged to buy like the one I usually recommend (from Schaffner) and build a cable with one IEC C13 (from Shurter) so that he can measure the improvement or inconvenience, without having to disassemble any device!

[IMG, link] http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/...-ferrite-150Khz-IEC-C13-Schurter-from-ATL.jpg

PS: measurements regarding improvements should be made in an urban concentration. Where he live, problems will be others with the power grid.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was expected, given the specifications of the PURIFI, better the Hypex. A few threads ago I asked for certain measurements and after the exchange of two resistors for others in the input table.

BTW, I have explained to Amirm about RF / EMI filters, leakage current and famous Y capacitors. Maybe he is encouraged to buy like the one I usually recommend (from Schaffner) and build a cable with one IEC C13 (from Shurter) so that you can measure the improvement or inconvenience, without having to disassemble any device!

[IMG, link] http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/...-ferrite-150Khz-IEC-C13-Schurter-from-ATL.jpg

Please, that was a JOKE, @maty. :eek: Sorry, everyone, I shouldn't have done that... o_O
BTW, I have explained to Amirm about RF / EMI filters, leakage current and famous Y capacitors.
Hum. I don't think so.;)

Labjr

Major Contributor

PURIFI-1ET400A-Front-Isometric-Pair.jpg

PURIFI-1ET400A-Front-Isometric.jpg

So basically $2500 for a pair? That's not cheap. Lets hope the DIY version is half of that or less. But I'm not holding my breath.

maty

Major Contributor
So basically $2500 for a pair? That's not cheap. Lets hope the DIY version is half of that or less. But I'm not holding my breath.

I guess he has mounted a test one, with modules made in Europe. If I am not wrong, the extra cost is $ 200 by module. In a few weeks, modules made in China, cheaper. But if there is a sudden great demand, why reduce the price later?

Apollon-Purifi-two-mono-price-20092019.png

PS: Apollon cases have two files of short ventilation slots where the input connectors. You have to clarify the image a lot to see them.

Last edited:

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess he has mounted a test one, with modules made in Europe. If I am not wrong, the extra cost is $ 200 by module. In a few weeks, modules made in China, cheaper. But if there is a sudden great demand, why reduce the price later?

What is that guess based on? The hypex modules were made in Malaysia.

Labjr

Major Contributor
The price appears to have little to do with the cost of producing the modules. They don't look very expensive. DIY'ers will probably have to pay close to the same as assembled units. I doubt Purifi is going to shoot themselves in the foot, but we'll see.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW, I have explained to Amirm about RF / EMI filters, leakage current and famous Y capacitors

So you really believe you know better than Bruno?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Guys, lets not keep arguing with each other over the same points. Points have been made on both sides Lets move on.

maty

Major Contributor
Now with old Hypex NC500.

Apollon-NC500-two-mono-price-20092019.png

€ 510 more. Which is consistent with what I knew about the extra cost of the few European modules that were going to be manufactured.

In Nord the price is similar. Of course, without photography of the inside so... And in few weeks: Brexit without agreement, tururú.

Two assemblers and a similar price, so they want to have a greater profit margin than in the past, because they do not comment on the cause of the price premium.

Last edited:

Labjr

Major Contributor
See if you can eliminate the enclosure and the hardware? :D:D

maty

Major Contributor
To finish.

In the EU we will only have two assemblers. Rouge Audio has the opportunity to get rid of the price premium as soon as the cheapest modules are available. Together with Apollon, they are the ones who do the best inside work, with much difference!

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
€ 510 more. Which is consistent with what I knew about the extra cost of the few European modules that were going to be manufactured.

Rouge Audio has the opportunity to get rid of the price premium as soon as the cheapest modules are available.
I'm sorry, what are these cheap vs European modules you're talking about?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sorry, what are these cheap vs European modules you're talking about?
Purifi made a first batch of 1ET400A modules in europe as a first run for reviews and small sales, etc. The normal big batches are coming later somewhat cheaper.

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like there's a lot of room currently.
  • These are monoblocks, so a stereo version cuts chassis cost in half.
  • And each monoblock has its own 1200W PSU. Cut that in half, too.
  • These use fancy op-amps, rather than the standard Purifi board.
  • WBT binding posts, etc.
Selling top-shelf versions is probably a smart call for initial production, especially if the board supply's limited right now. But I'll bet we see a lower-spec stereo version for ~1500 in 2020.

Labjr

Major Contributor
What I know is that Hypex was selling NC400 monoblock kits for about $600 per channel. It would be nice if Purifi offered DIY kits for about the same price because it seems like 1ET400A is basically an upgraded NC400. I'm not sure the difference between mono blocks fo stereo amp is a big deal. I think either would be good.

maty

Major Contributor
I just stopped by the Rouge Audio store and the page on the Purifi has not changed, it is still in test progress. Afterwards I went to the Hypex section and it reminded me of one of the improvements that interested me vs Hypex modules because of the "tons" of noise and RF / EMI interference my systems suffer.

PURIFI 1ET400A -> PSRR > 90 dB
  1. NC500 -> PSRR of 85 dB
  2. NC400 -> PSRR of 80 dB
  3. NC1200 -> PSRR of 80 dB how expensive and it is 5 dB less!
  4. NC2K -> PSRR of 70 dB
  5. NC250MP -> PSRR ?
  6. NC500MP -> PSRR ?

Updated, from the PDF:

* NC400 -> PSRR of 80 dB

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
PSRR is often a DC or at least very low-frequency measurement. Similarly CMRR falls off rapidly with frequency. Neither is likely to be a good guide to how well a component rejects higher-frequency EMI or RFI.

maty

Major Contributor
I know that but it is a good indicative. For noise and interference in the usual working band of the amplifiers (faster class AB usually up to 350 kHz to avoid problems with RF) I have my specific solution (in the two systems) but it is not the thread.

An idea that I have etched on fire: the PSU, in general, is the usual bottleneck.

- End off topic -

boggit10

Audio Company
Forum Donor
In a much higher quality case. We have absorbed the price difference for the European modules this will be the price going forward.
We also would like to offer AS members a further 10% off the new Purifi amps enter ASP10 at checkout for the first 10 orders.
Thanks for your support and enjoy.

1569090774500.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom