• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Reactions: g29

kaka89

A reviewer got the monoblocks from Apollo and commented "Very detailed and smooth sound, clean and dynamic and pretty natural but still not powerful enough to drive ATC SCM 100 well"

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A reviewer got the monoblocks from Apollo and commented "Very detailed and smooth sound, clean and dynamic and pretty natural but still not powerful enough to drive ATC SCM 100 well"

I wonder how that was determined...

arboleda

Forum Donor
How do the subcomponents of the Nord amp differ from what was reviewed in this thread? Is the input component different or maybe the power supply?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A customer ordered a Purify amp and requested it be sent to Amirm for review, it will be delivered to him today.
@amirm we are very interested in this! Would be very appreciated if you could prioritize it. :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I wonder how that was determined...

Perhaps he compared several amplifiers side by side on the ATCs and the Purifis simply didn't have the performance?

Don't be so fast to dismiss reviewers' comments without knowing exactly what their test conditions and comparative ability is/was.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps he compared several amplifiers side by side on the ATCs and the Purifis simply didn't have the performance?

Don't be so fast to dismiss reviewers' comments without knowing exactly what their test conditions and comparative ability is/was.

I didn't dismiss anything. I wondered. As in asking about exactly what their test conditions and comparative ability is/was.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I didn't dismiss anything. I wondered.

Fair enough. Based on the other comments around, I sensed a dismissive tone, but that was clearly incorrect. My apologies. :)

kaka89

I didn't dismiss anything. I wondered. As in asking about exactly what their test conditions and comparative ability is/was.

So this reviewer is a Hong Kong stereo gear review Youtuber, he does review for living. The ATC 100 is his reference speaker and he has tested hundreds of different amp with it in his dedicated listening room.

The 1ET400A mono-blocks belong to his friend, so I believe no financial interest was involved when he made that comment. It was just a comment in response to his viewer's question, he didn't make a review for the 1ET400A.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
So this reviewer is a Hong Kong stereo gear review Youtuber, he does review for living. The ATC 100 is his reference speaker and he has tested hundreds of different amp with it in his dedicated listening room.

The 1ET400A mono-blocks belong to his friend, so I believe no financial interest was involved when he made that comment. It was just a comment in response to his viewer's question, he didn't make a review for the 1ET400A.
So he didn't review the 1ET400A but was able to make such a bold statement. Interesting.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So this reviewer is a Hong Kong stereo gear review Youtuber, he does review for living.

So a bit like the youtube "influencers"?

The ATC 100 is his reference speaker and he has tested hundreds of different amp with it in his dedicated listening room.

Tested, or reported subjective, personal perceptions?

kaka89

So he didn't review the 1ET400A but was able to make such a bold statement. Interesting.

He listened/tested it but didn't make a video about it.

So a bit like the youtube "influencers"?

Tested, or reported subjective, personal perceptions?

Yes, and he reported his subjective, personal perceptions.

-------

I think there is no point to argue how valuable an individual's subjective impression is in here.
Just posting his comment here for reference.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think there is no point to argue how valuable an individual's subjective impression is in here.

I actually think there is a point. This is Audio Science Review, after all, not a "let's share random subjective opinions" audiophile social group.

kaka89

I actually think there is a point. This is Audio Science Review, after all, not a "let's share random subjective opinions" audiophile social group.

This is not fair. I think even amirm leave a word of his subjective listening impression in his review from time to time.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This is not fair. I think even amirm leave a word of his subjective listening impression in his review from time to time.
Casual subjective remarks are certainly allowed.

ti33er

Hi Amirm

if you have a regular nc400 or nc500, I’d love to hear your subjective opinion if the 1ET400A sounds any different at all, provided this has a standard Buffer too?

Appreciate it, thanks

Top Bottom