• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Ha-ha!
I like my tea strong. Very little tea tastes good to me and I had a major search for another I liked when the one I favoured stopped being blended :( now I order it in bulk from a blender in the north of England :) as loose leaves and have teapots with built in strainer so I can remove the leaves when properly brewed. Yum, drinking some as I surf!

The mystery is how you guys in England destroy the tea taste by adding milk ... ;)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Where do you get your tea from Frank, I use loose tried many but remain slightly disappointed.
Keith

Wombat

Master Contributor
Ha-ha!
I like my tea strong. Very little tea tastes good to me and I had a major search for another I liked when the one I favoured stopped being blended :( now I order it in bulk from a blender in the north of England :) as loose leaves and have teapots with built in strainer so I can remove the leaves when properly brewed. Yum, drinking some as I surf!

o_O

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The mystery is how you guys in England destroy the tea taste by adding milk ... ;)
A tiny drop of milk takes away the bitterness.
A lot of milk ruins it, and I would prefer none to lots but I also don't like weak tea or any of the herbal infusions which some call tea but actually have no tea in them! I quite like camomile and red-bush but infrequently.
I like the smell of coffee but not the taste, but again can tolerate it if there is no milk anywhere near it!

Wombat

Master Contributor
Try this, it's one of my favorite blends and it makes your system sound much better, wider-deeper soundstage and all that. ;)

Do you add any 'sugar'?
20untitled3.jpg

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Where do you get your tea from Frank, I use loose tried many but remain slightly disappointed.
Keith
Ringtons. This is the one which is closest to my old no-longer-available favourite:-
https://www.ringtons.co.uk/tea-c1/loose-leaf-c4/ringtons-breakfast-loose-tea-250g-p19

It used to be called deluxe-refreshing or something but they presumably decided it was too poncy a name for a northern supplier and changed it to just "breakfast" I get through about 40 packs a year.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Krunok

Major Contributor
I often think the reason tea is not more popular is the ubiquity of Liptons teas.
I like a robust refreshing tea not knat-piss.
:)

I must admit I don't drink tea regularly but my younger son (17) does. He drinks Twinings Early Grey mostly. Is it a good tea? :)

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I must admit I don't drink tea regularly but my younger son does. He drinks Twinings Early Grey mostly. Is it a good tea? :)
Earl Grey is a tea flavoured with Bergamot, a citrus fruit.
My wife drings it, I find it too perfumed but ok if mixed 50:50 with breakfast tea, which tends to be more robust.
The Twinings brand is fine ime, unlike Liptons.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Earl Grey is a tea flavoured with Bergamot, a citrus fruit.
My wife drings it, I find it too perfumed but ok if mixed 50:50 with breakfast tea, which tends to be more robust.
The Twinings brand is fine ime, unlike Liptons.

Uf, he'll hate me if I tell him he drinks tea for chicks so I'll just start buying breakfast tea for him. :D

Top Bottom