• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Oppo HE-2 SE DAC and Headphone Amp

abm0

Forum Donor
the power at 13 Ohms seems to be pretty good, and I can attain ear-bleeding levels before distortion is audible
Oh I can get the levels I want into the Verum 1 at 8 ohms, but the HA-2 gets warmer than I've ever felt it, so I'll be using an impedance adapter for that pairing, always. There's probably a good reason why the lowest impedance they published a power rating for was 25 ohms.

Asylum Seeker

I have the HA-2 and the thing is dead silent even at high gain, max volume and sensitive IEMs while driven from smartphone. No channel imbalance at level 2 on the volume pot either.

Last edited:

MalinYamato

I have been enjoying this for some 4 years with low impedance phones, less than 30 ohms, but based on this review I may expect substantial gain in SQ by upgrading. Not much beats my Oppo with regards to built, portability, battery life, look, charging time, but I am seriously considering replacing this with a desktop amp/dac when in desktop mode. Still, I cant find something substantially better, very portable on-the-go that may replace my Oppo.

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
Here is the inside of the Oppo HA2SE. I don't think i've seen pictures of its insides anywhere else.
Here are the chips i could see the writing on. TI 6120A2. 2 pairs of ON transistors next to the big opamp. Weltrend wt61p806. Xmos 6u6c5. And of course the es9028q2m DAC chip

photo_2021-12-09_20-21-31.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-21-39.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-21-44.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-21-47.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-21-50.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-22-06.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-22-09.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-22-12.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-22-15.jpg
photo_2021-12-09_20-22-18.jpg

cheaha

Thank you for reminding me that I needed to put the Oppo HA2SE on the charger as it has been awhile. I have moved on from it long ago, but still have a soft spot for it. Sometimes one can't explain these things. Maybe it's the wrapped leather or fine details of its construction and machined case. I bet it was because it was my 'first'. (introduction to an elevated listening experience)

Last edited:

nimda-music

First of all fuck you. not in the bad way, but still, you compare with what? gigantic desktop dac/amps right? We have here pure Japan anime pr0n and it's sounds better then you can image because you don't own it. HD600 easy pull. Pair with TA-26 tubes as preamp it's amazing what you can get (pure Heaven Nor Hell). HA2SE Build quality fucking NASA (nasa don't do that :( ..) I mean overkill everywhere just look ant the preamplifier circuit. I like Japan freaking work at cars at knives and at audio hardware, they know what it means to fail.. and every time they push it to the perfection.

P.S. You can have clinical digits on TOPPING so loved great reviews hardware (looks good), but you can't image what is the challenge to compress everything and fit in this type of form and make it portable and last for years..

Respect OPPO HA2SE!
Thank you.

Dana reed

First of all fuck you. not in the bad way, but still, you compare with what? gigantic desktop dac/amps right? We have here pure Japan anime pr0n and it's sounds better then you can image because you don't own it. HD600 easy pull. Pair with TA-26 tubes as preamp it's amazing what you can get (pure Heaven Nor Hell). HA2SE Build quality fucking NASA (nasa don't do that :( ..) I mean overkill everywhere just look ant the preamplifier circuit. I like Japan freaking work at cars at knives and at audio hardware, they know what it means to fail.. and every time they push it to the perfection.

P.S. You can have clinical digits on TOPPING so loved great reviews hardware (looks good), but you can't image what is the challenge to compress everything and fit in this type of form and make it portable and last for years..

Respect OPPO HA2SE!
Thank you.
Why don’t you tell us how you really feel?

nimda-music

Why don’t you tell us how you really feel?
I feel that review was made by the one that is not owning the device.. Ok graph made from borrowed device and specs posted but still who has the time to listen try and then judge?? Overall don't see point to say anything because you guys event google internals of this device? If you do just look of the design.. Compare to U.S.A. or China "HIFI" ones, to make sense what is what. Just saying it's underrated device.

Top Bottom