• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Onkyo M-282 Amp

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In contrast, with class D/switching amplifiers, I find that they are exceptionally good at bass so the above test doesn't work. Instead, focus on clarity of high frequencies as you increase levels. Use content that has isolated high notes to make this easier.

A lot of speakers that are rated "4 ohm" actually are rather at 8 ohm or 10 ohm in the highs, so the raising of distortion in the highs is not as bad as it would seem according to the graphs, I think (distortion is usually worse at 4 ohm than at 8 ohm).

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Would this be a good amp for 2 atmos speakers?
If you refer to the OP's Onkyo M-282, yea I suspect it would make a good Atmos amp. I see Crutchfield has them for $249 with no bad reviews for any being DOA, that's a good thing. I wouldn't pay any more than that. Less would be even better. ;)

GabrielPhoto

Hi guys!
Is this a bad choice to drive L&R while my Denon 4400h drives the other speakers for my 11.2.4 setup?
Or how about the Kenwood KM-1000 THX?
We dont play very loud if that helps.

Thanks

Last edited:

proximus26

Hi guys!
Is this a bad choice to drive L&R while my Denon 4400h drives the other speakers for my 11.2.4 setup?
Or how about the Kenwood KM-1000 THX?
We dont play very loud if that helps.

Thanks
It will power up most of pre-amp configuration for ATMOS. It is also 12v trigger option amplifier and has standby option when not used. I think it is great ATMOS addition.
I am using it with 3 pairs 8Ohms speakers all connected to this amplifier. It is overkill because I am close to 1 Ohm now, yet working like a champ, great sound in all 6 speakers.

Top Bottom