• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

where is this rumor coming from? nevermind, searched the forum.

I already have OL DAC and EL DAC, both are pretty good, although my OL DAC broke after ~2 years but was repaired by the company.
maybe this time they could release a DAC that matches the best one in measurements.

They couldn't have it beat the EL being that's $300, but the biggest competition they really have at that price range is the Grace SDAC, so if it beats that for the same price, that may be where I turn so the form factor fits.

PuX

They couldn't have it beat the EL being that's $300, but the biggest competition they really have at that price range is the Grace SDAC, so if it beats that for the same price, that may be where I turn so the form factor fits.
I have the SDAC too, their OL DAC is in the same performance category.

but good point about EL DAC 2, it is sold at a higher price... maybe they will just release a 3rd version and just forget about the 2nd one even though it has only been out for a short time. when they released the Atom amp they did not care that it outperformed their more expensive EL AMP, they just updated EL AMP after a few months.

CerealKiller

Yeah I have a Grace SDAC and it doesn't fit nicely. I'm really interested to see how it fits with the EL DAC and EL DAC. I doubt it would be up to the point of the EL, because it'll be in the Atom line, but if it beats Grace then good on them.
I think it might be on par in performance but I/O and build should be on the lower tier, at least if the same design philosophy as with Atom / el amp Is folowed

CerealKiller

did u use ur atom as a preamp for those speakers?

Yes, one Is doing preamp for powered monitors/headphoen amp if headphones pluged. The other one just hp amp bussines.

Nither one seem yo suffer from channel imbalamce even at very low listening level throug monitors. Say between 8 and 9 oclok

bgsprtm

Yes, one Is doing preamp for powered monitors/headphoen amp if headphones pluged. The other one just hp amp bussines.

Nither one seem yo suffer from channel imbalamce even at very low listening level throug monitors. Say between 8 and 9 oclok

does it make the noise in the speakers more audible?

CerealKiller

does it make the noise in the speakers more audible?
0 adeed noise at any pot possition.

I did had noise problems with topping D10 when connected vía USB. But that has nothing to do with the atoms and it has been treated in another post. In short there Is a groud loop and it solved using a dac with a Toslink conection like the DX3pro im curently at

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just took delivery of my (2nd hand) Atom. Not sure why one would need more if you only want a simple SE amp. (I have more, like to have multiple 'phones going on different amps).

Great little bit of kit. Wondering how the new (in development) Drop / THX "slimline" One can justify a 200 USD RRP when I believe functionally the same as this and surely not more than a few db SINAD better.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I bought a replacement knob for my Atom. Unfortunate puns aside - does the knob just pull off?
1587988779282.png

Looks like it to me.
What you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you ;)

Top Bottom