• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Mytek Brooklyn DAC

Music1969

Major Contributor
I will have to ask. I have so much to test right now that I don't want to pester my source and then not have the time to test it. :)
Hi @amirm

I'm guessing the re-test of the Mytek Brooklyn DAC (this time with distortion inducing MQA disabled in the DAC's menu settings) will likely never happen now?

The ship has sailed? :)

I also found the Mytek to be bright, thin and a little sterile. We had been listening to a Chord Qutest for a couple hours while testing some magnepans and the Qutest was much better. More lush, warmer, didn't have the harshness, more depth. The Chord can add a slight reverb but that tiny coloration is much more pleasant than the Myteks dry, weak sound.

Can belive how expensive it is. The Cambridge CXN also sounded better.

I also found the Mytek to be bright, thin and a little sterile. We had been listening to a Chord Qutest for a couple hours while testing some magnepans and the Qutest was much better. More lush, warmer, didn't have the harshness, more depth. The Chord can add a slight reverb but that tiny coloration is much more pleasant than the Myteks dry, weak sound.

Can belive how expensive it is. The Cambridge CXN also sounded better.
May I ask what amp have you been using with Qutest?

Hi @amirm,

I note that this review is linked to the Brooklyn DAC+ in the Audio Electronics Review and Measurements Index. However, as far as I can tell, (1) only the Brooklyn DAC (non-plus) was tested, and (2) the DAC that was tested was tested with MQA enabled but not with MQA disabled, and (3) it is not clear if you had tested this DAC with the digital volume control versus the analog volume control.

Was the Brooklyn DAC+ (i.e. plus version) tested? If not, shouldn't the Audio Electronics Review and Measurements Index be corrected?

Thank you!

gags11

Forum Donor
I really would like to see the DAC+ measured. We have measured so many DACs here, would be nice to add this to the list.

please, please... let’s measure the DAC+

Top Bottom