• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Musiland MU2 Plus DAC & Amp

zephyros

Unrelated but I just got the Hidizs. They do offer multiple firmware for different functionality (either having mic functions or 24/192 playback capabilities), so I hope @amirm can test if they measure any differently.
https://www.hidizs.net/blogs/news/h...with-hi-res-sound-with-sonata-hd-dac-cable-ii
Also the thing is quite loud (though my stuff are crazily efficient). At minimum volume on windows it sounds at about -41 -42 on my Dx3Pro, which is unfortunate because that leaves very little wiggle room for my headphones volumes. Sounds wise tbh I can't hear much difference between the two.

Veri

Master Contributor
Musiland MU1: 29.78 €
Musiland MU2: 58.13 €
Musiland MU2Plus: 125.81 € !!! That's a bit too much for a dongle for me.
I ordered the MU2Plus for $130 before it got a link, I think they are charging $10 more because they are the only seller offering it right now. Once a few more pop up the price will stabilize but yes, it is in the $110+ range in China and the resellers take their cut...

headwhacker

Forum Donor
I think it’s too much for a dongle. Much more expensive than ktb even with the case. Hopefully it cones down soon. The non-plus at 69USD I thought is already too expensive for a dongle.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I think it’s too much for a dongle. Much more expensive than ktb even with the case. Hopefully it cones down soon. The non-plus at 69USD I thought is already too expensive for a dongle.
Unless you can get a khadas tone board for that size. That's not a comparison. There is no comparison they are not remotely the same product.

la2ygoo

Forum Donor

The non-plus at 69USD use as a 107db sinad dac is not expensive

deafenears

Forum Donor
The non-plus at 69USD use as a 107db sinad dac is not expensive
FYI, the original review was corrected to recommending only the plus as the non-plus seems different and yet to be measured.

headwhacker

Forum Donor
I also asked Penon audio thru their ebay store about the plus version because they sell the non plus version

——————————————
New message from: penonaudio (836 )
Dear friend,
Thanks for your attention, but we don't sell Musiland MU2 plus, due to the sound quality is the same with MU2. just the color and appearance are different.
MU2 PLUS price is high, if you have further questions, pls feel free to contact us.
Best regards

tomli747

I also asked Penon audio thru their ebay store about the plus version because they sell the non plus version

——————————————
New message from: penonaudio (836 )
Dear friend,
Thanks for your attention, but we don't sell Musiland MU2 plus, due to the sound quality is the same with MU2. just the color and appearance are different.
MU2 PLUS price is high, if you have further questions, pls feel free to contact us.
Best regards
Interesting, the official store of Musiland claimed that they are "largely different".
Could someone ordered MU2 send it to test?

headwhacker

Forum Donor
Interesting, the official store of Musiland claimed that they are "largely different".
Could someone ordered MU2 send it to test?

Aside from the max output of 1.7V for the plus vs 1.4V for non-plus, everything looks the same as far as the chips used on both products. I don't read Chinese but from this table it shows the Plus just have a higher output.

1552464059963.png

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Aside from the max output of 1.7V for the plus vs 1.4V for non-plus, everything looks the same.
That would make a big difference with high impedance headphones.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Aside from the max output of 1.7V for the plus vs 1.4V for non-plus, everything looks the same as far as the chips used on both products. I don't read Chinese but from this table it shows the Plus just have a higher output.

View attachment 23511
I don't read Chinese either but that row 3rd from the bottom shows lots of symbols/characters missing for MU2. That last row shows some different symbols/characters :D

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
FYI, the original review was corrected to recommending only the plus as the non-plus seems different and yet to be measured.
Mu2 non plus is essentially the mu2p without 1.7v gain selection.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company

View attachment 23511
Maybe you can calculate yourself. 1.7*1.7/32 and 1.4*1.4/32. It's just gain difference.

tomli747

The customer service of Musiland says there is no difference except color, gain, and choices of digital filters.
I still want to see a review to confirm this tho.

milus

The customer service of Musiland says there is no difference except color, gain, and choices of digital filters.
I still want to see a review to confirm this tho.

Someone (sorry, I can't find who and where in this forum) pointed to this website: http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100008003.htm (google translate it) for an exhaustive review on Musiland MU2 (non Plus), though you have to be registered to see the charts.

"The MU2 uses the CS43130, which is a DAC chip that supports 384kHz/32bit signal input. Its dynamic range is up to 130dB. It also integrates a headphone amplifier circuit that delivers 30 mW of output per channel at 32 ohms and 5 mW per channel at 600 ohms. "

Top Bottom