• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Musiland MU2 Plus DAC & Amp

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Can anyone link where you can buy this exact version of the musiland plus?

I'm interested in this dongle for work :) seems ideal
I have to mention it suffers from bad computer supply. It's quite audible for some computers. Db magix ac3 works better if you use high impedance headphones.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Another well performing dongle.... IT seems that many desktop products are being put to shame by dongles now...

headwhacker

Forum Donor
I like to try this. I’m not comfortable buying it from tmall mentioned here. I hope they offer this at aliexpress or better yet amazon

Last edited:

la2ygoo

Forum Donor
I like to try this. I’m comfortable buying it from the tmall like mentioned. I hope they offer this at aliexpress or better yet amazon

aliexpress have mu2 ,without 1.7v gain, and two filter options

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Any locals here who could organize a small group buy for these devices? :) When I do a Google translation for that site, it's not clear enough for me to make an order.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Can you show us your waveform measurements?
It was very very rough measurements in reaper daw. And i forgot to label them. I did compared to other dacs like db magix ac3, jds ol dac, focusrite forte.
But I do remember the waveforms.
using 44.1khz file from the source and 192khz input of focusrite forte
Minimum Phase(default): no prering, big post ring of nearly half of the wave form and it's quite long.(sounds thin and silky at the top, little bit soft sounding)
Linear Phase: Prering and post ring, still big ringing but short than minimum phase.(similar to minimum phase but little bit more "normal" sounding that I used to possibly most other devices i used were linear phase, a little bit more edge sounding than minimum)
Nos: looks almost completely flat, except glitch looking peak and vally appears randomly, appear once longer than one time period. Other than that, very very smooth complete straightine. (this filter sounds very hard impact and somewhat harsh unnatural)
Overall mu2p has more dramatic ringing than all other dacs I have when using the same type filter.

After oversampling using hf player to 384khz.
Linear phase and minimum phase looks identical (expected), nos still has glitches(iirc). Sound wise, minimal differences but consistent.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Can anyone compare these to the mu1s or the Hidizs Sonata?
Haven't tested the latter yet. Will come soon. But did test the MU1 recently: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ments-of-musiland-mu1-headphone-adapter.6975/

index.php

The MU2 Plus is definitely more powerful and better product.

Veri

Master Contributor
Wish they sold these on aliexpress..

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Maybe we can have one of our Mandarin speaking members contact them, let them know about good review and options for purchasing.

Veri

Master Contributor
So far on aliexpress, all I got was a seller who answered "they are in stock" but there is "no link" for us :D hopefully a work in progress

Stphotog

So Mu1 or Mu2 or Mu2 plus which one do you recommend with Pixel 2xl? or is there something even better? I use Hifiman 400i like you

Top Bottom